Svart Hona rooster

The goal with fibro breeds is to have them be completely black. White at the tips of the toes is a common fault as are white tips on the wing primaries. Having red show up in the comb and waddles is another common fault. My wild guess is that the breeder decided to just cut off those little discolored faults.

The goal with fibro breeds is to have them be completely black. White at the tips of the toes is a common fault as are white tips on the wing primaries. Having red show up in the comb and waddles is another common fault. My wild guess is that the breeder decided to just cut off those little discolored faults.
That’s an interesting (and horrifying) option. People suck sometimes.

Could he be a Sumatra? They have combs like that I believe and not nearly as rare as svarthona. If the hens are Svarthona he could also be a cross between Svarthona and something with a rose/pea comb. And I agree with nuthatched ^^ I’m not sure what the point would be of taking the nails and leaving the spurs…
Pea comb and completely different body shape

Oh wow, would they do that to the comb as well? They can fly REALLY well so I think they still have primaries, either way though, it’s sad.

Dubbing the comb is pretty common in some circles. I've thought about doing it to my cemani because the combs are huge and flop over to the side. I read that it's genetic and if you don't do it then the bird can go blind in that eye. I'm not squeamish, just lazy.

Dubbing the comb is pretty common in some circles. I've thought about doing it to my cemani because the combs are huge and flop over to the side. I read that it's genetic and if you don't do it then the bird can go blind in that eye. I'm not squeamish, just lazy.
Oh really, Interesting! Well I think I just need to accept the fact that I’ll never know exactly what happened to him lol

Dubbing is usually much closer to the skull. His comb and toes look like they just got frost bite. Nearly all of my males are similar to that look
Oh really? Thanks for the info I was leaning towards frostbite because some of the hens also have a couple toes that look like his

Oh really? Thanks for the info I was leaning towards frostbite because some of the hens also have a couple toes that look like his
Yeah. His comb exactly matches my males, and if he were really denailed, I feel like they would have taken the back nails off too. Those nails usually are not lost in my experience with frostbite frostbite some reason.

Back
Top Bottom