Swans!!!!!!!!!!!

muscovy94

Crowing
14 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Vicksburg, MS
Hello everyone I was just wondering who all out there has swans?? anyone and everyone who has swans I would like to see their pics!! Also, is anyone gonna sell any eggs next spring? ANY PICS AND INFO WILL BE APPRECIATED!!!!!!!! Thanks.

I would think there would be some on here that do, but it's hard to say. Have you seen how much they are?? OMG!!! If I win the lottery I will be all over them, but since that is not gonna happen I will just have to see them in books!

You know, I have never seen swan eggs listed anywhere, but there are some swans for sale at Murray McMurray hatchery for $400.

I hope you can find some~~that would be really interesting to see someone hatch them out with pictures, etc!
smile.png

Maybe you?!
wee.gif

thanks everyone!! I wish i could just find a pond that has swans and try to get one of their eggs....OR TWO!!! the adults cost way too much!

Oh, I just saw a pair of breeding swans on craigslist like a week ago... they were only asking $250 for both. They were moving and couldn't take them with. They just insisted the new owners had a pond.

Quote:
So do chickens, and all us crazy people have those!! I think children bite as well (
tongue.png
) but we keep them around! I guess it would be a matter of how much you liked them!

Oh and how I wished I lived in NC when those were posted!!
th.gif

swans are hard to keep because they absolutely NEED a pond. they can't live in a barn with a kiddie pool. if you have a decent sized pond getting a couple of swans would make your area more beautiful for sure! I think the reason people don't readily sell swan eggs is probably due to raising them, they prbably need their parents (though don't quote me on that, i've just been told keeping swans is difficult and requires a pond)

Back
Top Bottom