SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1526257205972-59062850.jpg
1526257228171121805340.jpg
these are my blues and black swedish

Hey guys!! I'm new to the duckling world. I started with chicks about 2 months ago and I've always wanted ducklings. Well... One visit to Rural King and a bucket of a "mixed up breeds" sign later.. here we are!!! HA! I'm 99.9% Sure these are blue Swedish ducklings. I can only hope they are as stunning as this entire thread!!!:wee

They are about 1-2 weeks old now and I can't wait to hear some quacks!! :love

They were in with my 1 weeks old chicks for a day or two before I could get their half of the brooder set up. Also, any suggestions on keeping them clean until I can get them in the big hen house lol. They are messyyyyyyy 🤣 One duckling is significantly bigger than the other so I'm hoping that means I have a drake and a hen!! **fingers crossed**
Blue Swede.JPG
Blue Swedish 1.JPG
Blue Swedish 2.JPG
Blue Swedish 3.JPG
Blue Swedish 4.JPG
Brooder 2.JPG

Hey guys!! I'm new to the duckling world. I started with chicks about 2 months ago and I've always wanted ducklings. Well... One visit to Rural King and a bucket of a "mixed up breeds" sign later.. here we are!!! HA! I'm 99.9% Sure these are blue Swedish ducklings. I can only hope they are as stunning as this entire thread!!!:wee

They are about 1-2 weeks old now and I can't wait to hear some quacks!! :love

They were in with my 1 weeks old chicks for a day or two before I could get their half of the brooder set up. Also, any suggestions on keeping them clean until I can get them in the big hen house lol. They are messyyyyyyy 🤣 One duckling is significantly bigger than the other so I'm hoping that means I have a drake and a hen!! **fingers crossed**View attachment 2155310View attachment 2155311View attachment 2155312View attachment 2155313View attachment 2155315View attachment 2155316
I really really like your pictures! Those look like my Swedish blue babies. I too can't wait to find out what our drake/duck ratio is. We got ten, straight run, and I'm really hoping for a reasonable number of ducks. Here's mine at barely two weeks....
Ducks at 2 weeks.JPG

I really really like your pictures! Those look like my Swedish blue babies. I too can't wait to find out what our drake/duck ratio is. We got ten, straight run, and I'm really hoping for a reasonable number of ducks. Here's mine at barely two weeks....View attachment 2155451
So cute!!! I wish I would have got more but hubby says absolutely not lol. I’m running a one man show over here and I think he can see I’m spreading myself too thin. But I can’t help it!! I just love them so much!! 💜🥰

So cute!!! I wish I would have got more but hubby says absolutely not lol. I’m running a one man show over here and I think he can see I’m spreading myself too thin. But I can’t help it!! I just love them so much!! 💜🥰
Honestly, I only got these because my husband wanted them, but I'm doing all the taking care of them, and it's a hassle. They're really entertaining, though. My profile picture is them two weeks ago (at just a couple days old).

Honestly, I only got these because my husband wanted them, but I'm doing all the taking care of them, and it's a hassle. They're really entertaining, though. My profile picture is them two weeks ago (at just a couple days old).
Sounds like us... I really wanted the ducks, he wanted the chicks and turkeys... I alwaysss take it a little too far so I'm caring for ALL of the poultry lol.

Y’all. These ducks are frikken GIANT!!! It’s like they grew overnight!!!! Lol

how do you guys introduce the “swimming” world to the ducklings?? I know they don’t have their oils yet. But I’m seeing all these ducklings in bath tubs and I wanna do it dang it!! 😝

Back
Top Bottom