SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
They are so beautiful.. How long will it take for their head feathers to grow in?

City Farm, feathers are starting to grow back
smile.png
These aren't the best pics, but it has taken over a month to get a good start at growing back.

They are beautiful!  Love the cat:)

At least you do! Oreo was not happy about her arrival. Thank you! I believe they're well breed, their bibs are uniform and very clean. They have green heads even though I ordered black swedes so I'm not sure if that's right? But they're gorgeous non the less

At least you do! Oreo was not happy about her arrival. Thank you! I believe they're well breed, their bibs are uniform and very clean. They have green heads even though I ordered black swedes so I'm not sure if that's right? But they're gorgeous non the less
Their bibs are very nice! We have just one black swede but she doesn't have a bib. She has very little white and she has a green sheen to her head. I believe the Black Swede drakes have more green to their heads. Definitely gorgeous!

Their bibs are very nice!  We have just one black swede but she doesn't have a bib.  She has very little white and she has a green sheen to her head.  I believe the Black Swede drakes have more green to their heads. Definitely gorgeous!

I had them sexed so their supposed to be girls. But their heads are a dark green when hit with light. I was hoping for all black and of course a blue tinge in their feathers. Here's some more really great shots of their bibs and body's. When they get old enough I'm hoping someone with a nice drake will let me borrow him to have some babies. Other than that I don't want a drake around. I couldn't handle the aggression

Last edited:
I had them sexed so their supposed to be girls. But their heads are a dark green when hit with light. I was hoping for all black and of course a blue tinge in their feathers. Here's some more really great shots of their bibs and body's. When they get old enough I'm hoping someone with a nice drake will let me borrow him to have some babies. Other than that I don't want a drake around. I couldn't handle the aggression
I can't get over how beautiful they are. Where did you get them? You are very wise not to want a drake around. I was shocked at their aggression. We got rid of all our drakes but 1 Khaki Campbell. He's not as aggressive as the others were but he still gets on my nerves, lol.

I can't get over how beautiful they are.  Where did you get them?  You are very wise not to want a drake around.  I was shocked at their aggression.  We got rid of all our drakes but 1 Khaki Campbell. He's not as aggressive as the others were but he still gets on my nerves, lol.

Aww I really appreciate it! I ordered them from Metzer Farms in August. I'm very excited to see all of their feathers. They are already so pretty! their back/rump still is all fluff so still waiting for the final! I know I've only heard horrible things except those few who can be sweet. If you happen to have a Swedes male, I'm not sure what kind I'm hoping for when they're old enough, I'd be happy to breed them and share the eggs!

Here is our pretty blue swedish girl--she does not have a name yet (DD #1 says she is trying to get to know her before she names her LOL). We love her! She will be 3 weeks tomorrow. they grow so fast!

Back
Top Bottom