Swedish Flower Hens from Meyer

LadiesAndJane

Life is good...
9 Years
May 16, 2014
Hawaii
Hello Chicken Friends on BYC!
Happy Aloha Friday as we say here in Hawaii. 🌺
With Frankie gone, I am looking to get a few new layers. I am interested in the 55 Flowery Hen, but none are available. Alternately I am looking at the SFH. Meyer has some and they can ship to me. I know many of you out there have some. I believe you breed them @Tonyroo? I am curious about temperament, laying age, average eggs per week and so on. I know they come in many different colors, being a land race. Would appreciate any feedback before I spend almost $30 for a sexed pullet chick!
Thanks! 😊

There's also the Aloha Chicken breed that was created years ago before SFH and 55 Flowery Hen were imported to US. Not sure if anyone in Hawaii has been working on them.
Still being worked on in the lower 48 😊
Thanks I’ve seen these, they are gorgeous! Nobody here I’m aware of working on this breed though.😊

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221026-104917.jpg
    Screenshot_20221026-104917.jpg
    477.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20221026-104840.jpg
    Screenshot_20221026-104840.jpg
    427.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Hello Chicken Friends on BYC!
Happy Aloha Friday as we say here in Hawaii. 🌺
With Frankie gone, I am looking to get a few new layers. I am interested in the 55 Flowery Hen, but none are available. Alternately I am looking at the SFH. Meyer has some and they can ship to me. I know many of you out there have some. I believe you breed them @Tonyroo? I am curious about temperament, laying age, average eggs per week and so on. I know they come in many different colors, being a land race. Would appreciate any feedback before I spend almost $30 for a sexed pullet chick!
Thanks! 😊
Temperament: alert, easy going, but can be aggressive towards there flock mate but rarely. Human friendly. There quiet all day till they lay an egg.

Laying age: 24 to 28 weeks.

Egg amount: once a day. Some will lay through a molt and winter season.

There extremely good at foraging.
My birds are not from hatchery birds.

I think you will enjoy them.
20220130_122833.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom