sweetest bantam?

Bantam Cochions are the best in my opinion. They are very friendly and make good pets. Brahmas and wyandottes are other good choices.

Bantam COCHINS!!! We LOVE THEM!!! They are mauled constantly by my 5 year old! We are only ordering Cochins from now on--- we have 25 babies coming next week-- whoo hoo! (we have had Brahmas, as well, and though they were nicer than other breeds, the differences between them and the Cochins was HUGE--- the Cochins really *wanted* us to hold and love them, the Brahmas *tolerated* us)

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

IMGP1055.jpg

Last edited:
I have a D'Uccle...very tiny, sweet bantam. I have heard Cochins are great too, but I don't have any experience. I have to say, that is the cutest little girl holding those cochins!!

I have a little Black Dutch banty hen and roo and they are the sweetest out of the whole flock ( of course they are the only bantys in the flock lol ) but my little banty hen Bonnie is also the first to want me to pick her up and give her love and the roo is real easy to handle he is very protective of him girls and has never given me any trouble.

Julie

We have cochins, brahmas & silkies! all are real gentle: we were always holding them when brooding!

I have to say when boys become mature & you pick up a hen the wrong way or scare her he will react!

My younger daughter (13 year old) handles them abit rougher than I & roos have bit her!

I think it still comes down how much time you spend with them when brooding!

Back
Top Bottom