Swollen foot. Please help

If you look (it's blurry to me in the pic) it appears there is a black/brown spot near the center of the swollen pad. That appears to be the heart/point of the bumble core. It appears to me that the infection has spread outwards toward the toes, hence the appearance of an infected toenail. A nice long soak in warm to lightly hot epsom salt water should soften it up. If you "pick at" the spot, it may break free of the sides on its own and you can pull it out. If not, then you would cut around the spot with the scalpel and remove the core/bumble. If you lay the bird on its back and cover its face (eyes) so it can't see, they normally lay pretty still and don't fight the process.

If you look (it's blurry to me in the pic) it appears there is a black/brown spot near the center of the swollen pad. That appears to be the heart/point of the bumble core. It appears to me that the infection has spread outwards toward the toes, hence the appearance of an infected toenail. A nice long soak in warm to lightly hot epsom salt water should soften it up. If you "pick at" the spot, it may break free of the sides on its own and you can pull it out. If not, then you would cut around the spot with the scalpel and remove the core/bumble. If you lay the bird on its back and cover its face (eyes) so it can't see, they normally lay pretty still and don't fight the process.

Thank you so much. That was my thought. Tomorrow night after work we will put her in surgery. I have to do something. Thank you again

Back
Top Bottom