Swollen pimple on tear duct

AngelicTofu

In the Brooder
Oct 28, 2021
My 3 year old hen Judy has a strange growth on the corner of her eye. It doesn't seem to be irritating her, and she's not acting sick or anything. The other eye doesn't have this growth. Does anyone know what this could be? It hasn't changed in size over the past few days. I haven't treated it yet because I have no diagnosis.
PXL_20230729_084354051.jpg

Is it hard or soft? I have had a chicken with a hard cyst that did not change, and was not serious. If it is soft, it may be a blister or small peck wound that has pus inside.

Is it hard or soft? I have had a chicken with a hard cyst that did not change, and was not serious. If it is soft, it may be a blister or small peck wound that has pus inside.
It's soft. Peck wound does sound like a likely cause, she does tend to get bullied by the others and bears a few scabs from being pecked. Do you think I should apply an antiseptic and drain the site or just leave it? I don't want the infection to interfere with her eyesight, but I'm concerned opening the wound could make things worse.

Back
Top Bottom