T.V. or not to T.V, this is my question...

I haven't had cable/etc for many years now. I don't miss a thing about it myself. I think it started as a way to cut costs, but we found it made life much more enjoyable. I can't cut down billboards, but I am always extremely happy to find some way to be rid of constant ads (one reason why the radio lacks appeal to me). Of course, people always relay commercials to me, so I can never be free of them it seems. XD We do own a television though that we use for Netflix/Hulu/Youtube and an old VCR. Any show/movie actually worth watching, we can stream to the TV. It has worked for us to both find the rare films and animations we are interested in (I'll be bowled over when I see 'Kirikou and the Sorceress' on cable...), as well as the horror movies and mainstream tv shows we love. Wider range, less cost, ads, mindless browsing, etc.
thumbsup.gif

We have a huge old big screen tv. No cable and no digital box to get local stuff.We watch dvd's only. We will buy a tv when needed,but never pay a cable bill again. Insane to pay $68 a month to watch tv. I get free stuff through library interloan.

I have the apparatus, but never switched to digital, so no TV. I use it for watching movies. Any info I want I can get from the internet, newspaper, or friends.

And you can google those "funny" commercials......I never find them funny after all....

We tossed (gave away) a perfectly working tv a few years back and don't miss it. We picked up Netflix to watch when we want to. We had DirectTv with the tv and the cost kept climbing as the viewing was declining, so it was a no brainer. Winter time we'll watch more in the evening hours (to cold to hang outside). We use laptops to watch Netflix, yea small screens, but we can watch it anywhere.

I don't have cable. Just a little box so we can watch the news and ABC and a few other channels that I have no clue about.
tongue.png
We also have Netflix, but there is not much on there, so... I don't watch it much, I am on the computer more- my sis and bro watch tv a lot though
lol.png

I'm not alone! Cool! yes, I'm a bit addicted to the internet still, but tv is a black hole. Still have 'em for the occasional dvd rental or purchase - such as the entire works of Mel Brooks.

Quote:
Yeah, I go on the internet every chance I can.
tongue.png
I just about hate tv now.
lol.png
I watch Netflix every once in a while, but they only have crappy movies on there........... (Right now, my sis is watching some crappy show called "Pizza my Heart".
roll.png
lau.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
)

We have a tiny little tv...it doesn't have cable, if you turn it on, there is only static. The only thing it's good for is watching DVD's. I've never really owned a TV, and don't want to...

We own a tv. but its only for dvd use only. we have no cable, our choice that is. i disagree with the tv shows, and see no point in my children watching tv. we have 3 laptops, and watch movies online or tv shows (that i feel is in good taste) I have not missed it in 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom