Tag alerts

Quatie

Free Ranging
Oct 16, 2020
Northern California
I haven't been spotty alerts for tags lately. Most of the ones I have noticed in the past are threads I was following at the time. Tonight I happened to stumble upon a thread I was tagged in, but never received an alert for it. I double checked my settings and I am suppose to get emailed when mentioned in a thread. I didn't get an email, nor do I see it in my alerts list. Is there are a setting I am possibly missing?

I can't think of any setting you may be missing.

You can try clicking "mark read" on your alerts list.

Normally, when you miss one alert from a given thread, the system thinks you do not need any more alerts from that thread until you go view the particular post the previous alert went with.
But if you set them all as read, it should give you a new alert (and email, I think) the next time something happens in that thread.

You can use the search function (type in @Quatie as the keyword to search for). That may help you find any others you have previously missed.

Personally, I would love a way to sort the list of alerts: I want unread ones at the top, not newest at the top. I hate finding unread ones several pages down the list! But I haven't found any setting that would let me do that. :(

I can't think of any setting you may be missing.

You can try clicking "mark read" on your alerts list.

Normally, when you miss one alert from a given thread, the system thinks you do not need any more alerts from that thread until you go view the particular post the previous alert went with.
But if you set them all as read, it should give you a new alert (and email, I think) the next time something happens in that thread.

You can use the search function (type in @Quatie as the keyword to search for). That may help you find any others you have previously missed.

Personally, I would love a way to sort the list of alerts: I want unread ones at the top, not newest at the top. I hate finding unread ones several pages down the list! But I haven't found any setting that would let me do that. :(
Well your tag worked perfectly. I don't have a ton of a alerts right now. I accidentally unwanted all my threads. They need a pop-up saying "Are you sure you want to unwatch all your threads?" Or an undo button after that. I have done that a couple times instead of a couple selected threads.

Last night when I saw the thread I hadn't had any alerts for a few hours. Completely reasonable since I was up way too late 😆. I was just scrolling through some recent threads. Saw a thread about a sick duckling, and decided to look at it. I had never posted in or visited, but about 30 minutes before that someone had responded to the thread and found I was in it to see if I or others could help. I searched for my name and that thread came up in the search, and it doesn't appear that I have missed anything else recently 🤷.

I definitely agree it would be nice to sort alerts. Oh well.

I haven't been spotty alerts for tags lately. Most of the ones I have noticed in the past are threads I was following at the time. Tonight I happened to stumble upon a thread I was tagged in, but never received an alert for it. I double checked my settings and I am suppose to get emailed when mentioned in a thread. I didn't get an email, nor do I see it in my alerts list. Is there are a setting I am possibly missing?
It's also possible that that specific tag was edited in to the post after the initial posting... Even if it was edited in a second after it was initially posted you will not receive an alert for it.

Well your tag worked perfectly. I don't have a ton of a alerts right now. I accidentally unwanted all my threads. They need a pop-up saying "Are you sure you want to unwatch all your threads?" Or an undo button after that. I have done that a couple times instead of a couple selected threads.

Last night when I saw the thread I hadn't had any alerts for a few hours. Completely reasonable since I was up way too late 😆. I was just scrolling through some recent threads. Saw a thread about a sick duckling, and decided to look at it. I had never posted in or visited, but about 30 minutes before that someone had responded to the thread and found I was in it to see if I or others could help. I searched for my name and that thread came up in the search, and it doesn't appear that I have missed anything else recently 🤷.

I definitely agree it would be nice to sort alerts. Oh well.
Can you not see this specific alert for the tag from yesterday here?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/account/alerts

Can you not see this specific alert for the tag from yesterday here?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/account/alerts
The one I noticed it in was this thread. The tag is in the first response.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...-in-my-hand-can-i-do-anything-for-it.1532447/

The response was not edited and I have absolutely nothing for this this tag at all. I first thought it might of accidentally been deleted in my email, but I didn't see it in my alert list at the time. I should have taken a screenshot of it at the time, but I didn't think about it.

Back
Top Bottom