Taking ducklings out of the incubator?

I haven't really taken the time to read your posts, or know what you all are talking about, but, seen ducks in the feed and, well, I LOVE MY DUCKS! 2 welsh harlequin and 2 Khaki Campbell's. They do great with my chickens and are a ton of fun to watch in the water.

Carry on. Sorry for butting in.

My first externally pipped on Thursday... I know it's not very original but his name is Pip. He hatched first on Friday. Then came one who my daughter hasn't named yet, Wobble (named by my youngest) and Outtie for obvious reasons. Outtie I was afraid would not hatch to start with. He took so long I didn't think it was gonna happen!

I haven't really taken the time to read your posts, or know what you all are talking about, but, seen ducks in the feed and, well, I LOVE MY DUCKS! 2 welsh harlequin and 2 Khaki Campbell's. They do great with my chickens and are a ton of fun to watch in the water.

Carry on. Sorry for butting in.

Lol don't be sorry! I love my ducks too!! They are hilarious! I want to get a few welshes and some more calls, just don't know where to get them locally. And yes mine mingle well with my chickens too! I love your avatar pic! Did you take it yourself?

Lol don't be sorry! I love my ducks too!! They are hilarious! I want to get a few welshes and some more calls, just don't know where to get them locally. And yes mine mingle well with my chickens too! I love your avatar pic! Did you take it yourself?
I took it yesterday. She is my favorite and most curious.

I took it yesterday. She is my favorite and most curious. 

My husband thinks I'm nuts, guess he loves crazy;-) but I love my birds! I loved that picture so much I saved it and sent it to him... Of course he good naturedly laughed at it and me! If I have your permission, I would like to use it. I want to print it out for myself, not for public use or publications...

My husband thinks I'm nuts, guess he loves crazy;-) but I love my birds! I loved that picture so much I saved it and sent it to him... Of course he good naturedly laughed at it and me! If I have your permission, I would like to use it. I want to print it out for myself, not for public use or publications...

That is a great pic! I like it too. Your husband sounds like mine... thinks I'm crazy but loves me anyway. We are lucky!

Check out these guys' little head tilt: I wish they had been looking at me!

you are welcome to. As long as you have fun with them.

That is a great pic! I like it too. Your husband sounds like mine... thinks I'm crazy but loves me anyway. We are lucky!

Check out these guys' little head tilt: I wish they had been looking at me!

my ducks do the same thing when i am around… You don't run your ducks and chicks in the same run? Ours are getting along and living together.

my ducks do the same thing when i am around… You don't run your ducks and chicks in the same run? Ours are getting along and living together.

Not yet, the ducks are only 4 weeks old. My Roos are at my camp/farm which is about 45 minutes away from my home. Ducks aren't ready to go there permanently yet. When I do take them, they will be on the pond and have their own little place, but they will be allowed to mingle when I let the chicks out.

Edit to add... and I didn't let the ducks loose this weekend, we were just spending a couple of nights. I was afraid they would take off to the pond and I'd never get them rounded up to bring back home! haha

Last edited:
That is a great pic! I like it too. Your husband sounds like mine... thinks I'm crazy but loves me anyway. We are lucky! Check out these guys' little head tilt: I wish they had been looking at me!
Lol yes that would have been great if they had been looking at you! And yes I count myself very lucky for a great man that loves me anyways!

Back
Top Bottom