TanChau Bantams From Viet Nam

Quote:
i have a thing for beards...

and you know that too... LOL...

Indeed. I'm suprised you dont have any of the bearded Japanese or plan on working on a bearded sumatra bantam, beards are pretty awesome, thats why I rock one lol

i just love them!!

love.gif

luke.

Quote:
i have a thing for beards...

and you know that too... LOL...

Indeed. I'm suprised you dont have any of the bearded Japanese or plan on working on a bearded sumatra bantam, beards are pretty awesome, thats why I rock one lol

i'm going to work on bearded LF barred blue cochins... woo hoo...

and i doubt these birds are around in the states... fail... just another awesome chicken we would all love but can't have...

:sadface:

dude i was counting on you to find some Tan Chau for us your just giveing up bro . lol
barnie.gif

Quote:

i'm going to work on bearded LF barred blue cochins... woo hoo...

and i doubt these birds are around in the states... fail... just another awesome chicken we would all love but can't have...

:sadface:

You all could make them, you know. They would not be the real thing, of course, but would look just as cool...
Here is how I would do it... Ohiki x Ameraucana bantam-all offspring would be bearded and pea combed. Keep the short legged offspring only. Call this "A". Then-Asil or Cornish bantam x Cubalaya or Sumatra Bantam. Call this "b".
Then, cross an Asil or Cornish bantam to "a". Once again, keep only bearded, short legged chicks. Call this "c". Then , cross "b" with "a", again selecting for beards and short legs. Call this group"d". Finally, cross "c" and "d", and only keep fully bearded, short legged, pea combed, loose feathered, meaty looking ones.

A fun little project.

Honestly, I'm not seeing the serama stance at all, sorry. I see no resemblance to seramas other than being very small short legged bantams-they look like short legged cubalaya or sumatra bantams, with a hint of asil type blood, to me. Sorry, maybe I'm blind?
tongue.png

I would like to get some of these to. If any one here in the US, who would willing to sell some hatching eggs. I would kill to have some. I am addicted to rare breeds
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom