Tapping when tapped close to hatch?

Attachments

• B7C2F302-F52E-4A9C-93F3-EF28B8CFCE7D.jpeg
    B7C2F302-F52E-4A9C-93F3-EF28B8CFCE7D.jpeg
    468.5 KB · Views: 9
Well, he's definitely not a duck. Fingers crossed he pulls through and we can figure out what the little cutie is.
Here’s a recent view..

Attachments

• 6A1DCB1B-72DA-410B-AF18-DA3B05D49A03.jpeg
    6A1DCB1B-72DA-410B-AF18-DA3B05D49A03.jpeg
    548.2 KB · Views: 10
Is it a duckling/gosling? That photo makes it look to have more of a bill than the one of it just hatched. It's a cutie. 🥰 Any idea what it could be?

Is it a duckling/gosling? That photo makes it look to have more of a bill than the one of it just hatched. It's a cutie. 🥰 Any idea what it could be?
It didn’t make it :( I had to leave it for 4 hours and in that time it passed. Something must’ve been going on that didnt make it compatible with life..

I don't know what it was but that first picture didn't look like a precocial species like duck/goose or galliforme. It looked like an altricial species that relies on constant care and feeding from a parent.

Last edited:
I don't know what it was but that first picture didn't look like a precocial species like duck/goose or galliforme. It looked like an altricial species that relies of constant care and feeding from a parent.
It’s hard to know, and prolly won’t ever fully know, but it kinda looked like a pacific black duck, I asked someone at our pet shop and she agreed it looked like a duck, I was worried that it was one that I’d have to feed, and I went and got something for it besides the honey water I’d been giving it, but it passed before I had a chance... there was a couple of issues that were not in its favour..

It never fluffed up or was looking for food, or cheeped very much, and it still had the clicking when breathing, which I’m not sure if its meant to still have after a day of being hatched

Back
Top Bottom