Tarp color for Run roof, does it matter?

I decided to cover most of the roof over the run with a tarp. Run is 10wide X 20 long
They had one big enough on sale so I grabbed it.
Now I am having 2nd thoughts on the color..........it is Silver/Grey.
I didn't want the Blue because I just don't like the way it looks.

Does the color really matter? I WAS hoping to find a White one but that is not possible.
And I don't think you can spray paint the tarp and have it stick for long.

:idunno
I did what you're wanting to do, with a tarp that's silver on one side to reflect the sun. It's re-purposed from one of those portable garages the wind tore up, and is better quality than what you're likely to find in most places, so it's fared better than most, for 3-4 years so far. The silver is great. Maybe you can find replacement panels for one of those buildings.

I still have the Silver, it is a heavy duty one too ;) Plan on keeping it for when I have a farm and no close neighbors.
Do you know how much cooler it is under it ?

So far the Green is good, it is way cooler in the run.
Today and Monday are going to hit 90's :(

I have always used both the brown camouflage or the green camouflage even blue and silver , some tarps are made to use 1 way as others are made to use both ways , most tarps will keep the roof cooler . silver is the best choice for summer it reflects heat away . but in winter you would want a darker one to draw heat it will help keep the coop warmer

I have to run a few myself with this heavy rain I found several big leaks 2 in the coop itself 3 in the run

Keep in mind they add a $20 'min charge'...and $10 shipping.
Coolaroo at amazon is cheaper for 6x15'.
I like the shade cloth better than tarps lets some air thru.
i'm in dallas texas, should i get black or white shade cloth for summer? i cant find any data on how much cooler it makes.

@samuraioodon, this is a really old thread. You'll have better luck getting answers if you start a new thread. Maybe ask specifically if people have used a shade cloth on their run, and what experiences they had.

And,
:welcome

Back
Top Bottom