Taunting Fox

"Here I am, what are you going to do"?

Shotgun.

Ugh, this might be a stupid question...
but would a .22LR rifle be sufficient enough to kill a fox? It's the only gun I feel comfortable using at the moment but have it stuck in my head that the ammunition is too small to kill a bigger animal like a fox. I feel like it would have to be a perfect head shot, which is not likely for me as I am a complete beginner.

Ugh, this might be a stupid question...
but would a .22LR rifle be sufficient enough to kill a fox? It's the only gun I feel comfortable using at the moment but have it stuck in my head that the ammunition is too small to kill a bigger animal like a fox. I feel like it would have to be a perfect head shot, which is not likely for me as I am a complete beginner.
You can drop an elephant with that if you hit the right place, but no, 22LR is not a good plan. Ask around for a gunshop run by a decent guy. A shotgun is a lot less scary to use than you think, especially with some of the modern models.

If you are small in stature, to the point that recoil is a problem, go with an AR-15. It is just a .22 with a boatload more horsepower.

Back
Top Bottom