Today, we dedicated our day to building the new chicken coop. On a spontaneous idea, I requested my son, Daniel, to relocate a section of a log leftover from Hurricane Sally into the run for the birds. With gloves on, Daniel and I tackled the task of moving this sizable, bug-covered log into the coop. Surprisingly, the majority of the chickens are quite fond of the bug snax. But Bubo was stumped 😜😉 IMG_20231009_165815_546~2.jpg

In the world of our backyard drama, there was quite the peck-tastic showdown between two pullets. One girl was bullying the other. Our up-and-coming rooster, the dapper White Meat, decided to play the role of the feathered mediator.

With a stern look that said, "You're eggstinct if you don't cooperate," he clucked down the law. In a comically silent standoff, White Meat made it crystal clear that he was the top bird in town. The troublemaker hen had no choice but to chicken out and agree to behave herself. It seems White Meat's got a talent for poultry diplomacy! 🐓😄
PXL_20231026_163418421~2.jpg

In the world of our backyard drama, there was quite the peck-tastic showdown between two pullets. One girl was bullying the other. Our up-and-coming rooster, the dapper White Meat, decided to play the role of the feathered mediator.

With a stern look that said, "You're eggstinct if you don't cooperate," he clucked down the law. In a comically silent standoff, White Meat made it crystal clear that he was the top bird in town. The troublemaker hen had no choice but to chicken out and agree to behave herself. It seems White Meat's got a talent for poultry diplomacy! 🐓😄View attachment 3669401
Oh my gosh, too many favorite lines in that post 🤣 what a hoot! We need more The dapper White Meat chicken diplomacy stories!

In our group of 34 chickens, the egg story took an interesting turn. One hen, known for her blue-green eggs, has been laying for a few months. Another, opting for brown eggs, joined the club last week. Today, a new player emerged, also favoring the blue-green shade. However, her first egg, a petite 34-gram creation, was nearly overlooked as she explored where to lay. Fingers crossed she discovers the nest boxes soon, and we look forward to seeing how her eggs evolve in both size and nesting preferences.
1000002024.jpg

Back
Top Bottom