Tea Time.... Relax with us and have a cup of hot tea!

That's awesome. I actually planted some spearmint in the ground and it took off for about 2 years before the weeds strangled it out. My mom was shocked. Nothing is supposed to strangle mint, right?

tongue.png

Wow. You have some very impressive weeds! I have to plant my mints in pots in the ground or they choke everything else out.
I have started some peppermint and some lime basil for tea.
My son made me some sweet bay tea when I was sick (It is an expectorant) and it was a lovely cup of tea. It really surprised me.

Wow. You have some very impressive weeds! I have to plant my mints in pots in the ground or they choke everything else out.
My son made me some sweet bay tea when I was sick (It is an expectorant) and it was a lovely cup of tea. It really surprised me.
I've heard of that, my next plan is to try basil tea. I love the way it smells.

I would love to have mint take over the weeds. They are pretty impressive. Pasture weeds...

I've been wanting to use basil and oregano for tea. And I've heard that parsley makes a good tea.
I've heard of that, my next plan is to try basil tea. I love the way it smells.

I would love to have mint take over the weeds. They are pretty impressive. Pasture weeds...

Are the edible and fragrant? Can you dry them and make tea out of them?

I'm having a lovely cup of Earl Grey today. I'm out of honey, so I had to put sugar in it, but it's nice. Earl Grey is the only loose tea I have and I wanted a special cup this morning.
cup+of+tea_dailypainters.com.jpg

Nice cup! I too love tea. I have tried many herbals as well as black. I don't like white or green teas. They taste like foot to me
big_smile.png

Some years ago, I tried a brand name of black tea called Hedley's. It was organic black tea. Assam, if I'm not mistaken. I could never find this brand in the market. Amazon has a waiting list for it. This is the black tea I loved the most. Does anybody know where to find it?

Nice cup! I too love tea. I have tried many herbals as well as black. I don't like white or green teas. They taste like foot to me
big_smile.png

Some years ago, I tried a brand name of black tea called Hedley's. It was organic black tea. Assam, if I'm not mistaken. I could never find this brand in the market. Amazon has a waiting list for it. This is the black tea I loved the most. Does anybody know where to find it?

Thanks. I like blacks, herbals, and green; never had white tea; oh, I've had red, I liked it. Green didn't taste like much to me, so I liked the blends and I like to add honey or mint or something. I don't drink it straight and I don't drink it like black tea "should" be drunk (with a little sugar and milk).
wink.png

I've never heard of that brand. I drink mostly Twinings, and some other herbals like Celestial Seasonings and such. Lipton pyramids are good, but I don't bother b/c I can easily get what I already like. I'm spoiled. lol

Now that I remember correctly, the tea is Ceylon, not Assam. I like black tea straight. Sometimes, I add lemon to it. I don't like the taste of milk. I just wish I could find that tea again.
Have you tried lemon balm? Another tea that I want to find is jasmine, but not the one mixed with green tea. I had it years ago, too. It's so delicious! I've never had red tea. Is it stronger than black?It's 5:30PM here. I think I'll have some tea now.
big_smile.png

I've been wanting to use basil and oregano for tea. And I've heard that parsley makes a good tea.

Are the edible and fragrant? Can you dry them and make tea out of them?

Well, you can with the dandelions! But I don't think ironweed and ragweed and burdock make good teas. Although I've heard you can eat the burdock root...I'm just not motivated enough to try that.
Now that I remember correctly, the tea is Ceylon, not Assam. I like black tea straight. Sometimes, I add lemon to it. I don't like the taste of milk. I just wish I could find that tea again.
Have you tried lemon balm? Another tea that I want to find is jasmine, but not the one mixed with green tea. I had it years ago, too. It's so delicious! I've never had red tea. Is it stronger than black?It's 5:30PM here. I think I'll have some tea now.
big_smile.png
Mmmm, I read a book...about teas, and Assam is a type of tea used for making tea blends.

A Gourmet's Guide to Coffee & Tea by Lesley Mackley (just so I don't get dinked by the copyright police)"India:...Assam: In this area, which covers the whole of the Brahmaputra valley, there are 650 tea estates. Tea is harvested from March to October." It is a black tea, usually English Breakfast teas are a blend of Assam and Ceylon teas, Irish Breakfast is usually a blend of strong Assams. Irish Breakfast is my favorite!
smile.png

The book I was reading also had some lovely services like yours Tea Chick!

When I was a kid there was a soft drink sold in big glass bottles called dandelion and burdock. My cousin loved it. I can't remember the taste though? Just looked it up and it's still available it definitely isn't a tea though.

Back
Top Bottom