Tea Time.... Relax with us and have a cup of hot tea!

Searsmom, you have a delightful avatar.
smile.png

Searsmom, you have a delightful avatar.
smile.png
Thank you! Although one of those grew up to be an attack hen.
roll.png
We will do it again this year just because we can!

Ran out of my favorite tea this morning. I like coffee, but for some reason it upsets my stomach now. I have no such issues with tea!
big_smile.png

It was the Numi Camomile variety.
I couldn't get pass the smell. It was so herbal that I thought I was smelling cat nip or something else that I couldn't imagine drinking LOL...
Then when I sipped it... it just did nothing for me.

I thought I like Camomile, but I might be wrong... I will have to try it again with a different maker.

I did try the Numi Earl Gray and did not have a problem with it.
It reminds me of plain tea that you make ice tea, sweet ice tea.

It has been a really long time since I posted on this thread...
hide.gif

I am glad to see that so many folks have found this thread..
smile.png

I tried another brand Camomile tea. I drank 3 cups last night. It was OK, not my favorite in any shape or form, but at least I didn't have to toss it out this time.
However, I woke up twice last night after having CRAZY nightmares and I NEVER have nightmares.
I did a little googling this evening and discovered that I might be allergic to Camomile... WHO KNEW?

Camomile is certainly an aquired taste, one of those love it or hate it things. I agree, it is too 'herby' for me.

I can't remember if I said this already or not....age.... The chamomile they use in teas is usually German chamomile and I'm not big on the flavor of that stuff. Roman chamomile however, smells like fresh apples and tastes much better than what you find in tea bags. I was disappointed too after growing my own and using it all up in the winter - I went out and bought some and it tasted nothing like what I was used to. It tasted kind of vile, actually. I could understand having nightmares from it. I gave it all away and will start fresh in the spring with more Roman chamomile seed.

Borage tea is a good one - just a few flowers in with some mint - they say it gives you courage and I dunno whats in it but it definitely made me feel more confident. It was a tough time at work....

It has been a really long time since I posted on this thread...
hide.gif

I am glad to see that so many folks have found this thread..
smile.png

I tried another brand Camomile tea. I drank 3 cups last night. It was OK, not my favorite in any shape or form, but at least I didn't have to toss it out this time.
However, I woke up twice last night after having CRAZY nightmares and I NEVER have nightmares.
I did a little googling this evening and discovered that I might be allergic to Camomile... WHO KNEW?I
Poor thing! Hope you're feeling better. I agree w/ searsmom about the taste of german chamomile. Not too good. I am going to plant roman chamomile to try it this spring!
I read that chamomile helps with stomach upsets and calming the nerves. So, I tried it when I had an upset stomach and it worked, but I didn't feel any calmer
lol.png

If you are having trouble sleeping, try valerian. It really works. Some herbal teas are a blend that have valerian in them. One I can think of is tea for sleep from good earth. It has valerian roots in it, along with lemon balm, lavender and rosemary. If you are really having a hard time sleeping, try valerian tincture. It really smells bad, but does the job.
There is an herbal blend that I like the taste very much. It is called sleepy time from celestial seasons. I can sleep anywhere, anytime, so I drink this blend for the taste
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom