Tea Time.... Relax with us and have a cup of hot tea!

I just got some thus weekend. It's a little herb-y tasting. Does that even make sense?

Can I come live at your house?
Tea to feel better, tea to celebrate, yay for tea!!!
Glad you got the kite back!
smile.png
Yes, it makes sense! And you can come - the more the merrier!!

Hanging plants on a trellis sounds like a good idea!!!
I have a pallet at one end of my coop; the chickens can eat from the plants, but not until they get above the level of the pallet and not to the point where they kill the plants.

These plants are larger now. The chickens didn't show interest in them at the point when I took the picture, but sometimes they'll stand on the pallet and eat the plants.

What about laying the chicken wire on the ground, so they can't scratch?
I like the pallet idea! I'm not sure about the chicken wire - I've thought of it, but I'd have to wait until the plants are fairly big or I won't be able to dig out any weed volunteers - TN is the volunteer state, but those weeds are ridiculous....

Yay for tea!! It makes everything better.

Yes, it makes sense! And you can come - the more the merrier!!

I like the pallet idea! I'm not sure about the chicken wire - I've thought of it, but I'd have to wait until the plants are fairly big or I won't be able to dig out any weed volunteers - TN is the volunteer state, but those weeds are ridiculous....

Yay for tea!! It makes everything better.

Thank you for the warm welcome!!!

Pulling weeds through the chicken wire (I wouldn't go down to half-inch welded wire, but even one-inch or one by two welded wire should allow you to pull weeds w/o allowing the chickens to scratch deep enough to damage the plants you want in there. KWIM?

Yes, it does!!!
wee.gif
plus
caf.gif
equals
tea-cup-emoticon-21.gif

So glad you joined, vintagegem.

I do like the idea of pellets and the wire. I did use wire to surround my berry bush because the chickens were all over it. They are now "preparing" the vegetable garden for planting. This year I will have to fence around it if I hope to get anything because the chickens love to eat the tops, too
barnie.gif

The wire does serve as nice demarcation for spacing the seeds.

Teachick, where did you get that teapot? It looks so cute!

I am so glad to open this thread and be able to chat with all you tea loving people.
yesss.gif

Tonight I am drinking raspberry zinger tea to unwind. It tastes so good.
I better go to sleep now because I'm not sure I'm making too much sense after this long day.
caf.gif

Good night, everyone!!!

It's a link someone sent me:
http://emoticoner.com/emoticons/teapot

I'm having English B/fast w/ honey and lemon juice tonight.
tea-cup-emoticon-10.gif
DD made some Chocolate Chocolate Chunk cookies (and there's ice cream in the freezer).
tea-cup-emoticon-26.gif
But DH doesn't usually let me have two desserts.
tea-cup-emoticon-19.gif
So, the ice cream will have to wait until tomorrow, but that will be a nice dessert after spending the day helping a friend put up some fencing.
tea-cup-emoticon-21.gif

Teachicks, thanks for the emoticon link! I'll download it.

Newfoundland, what an amazing picture! Tea is important for regrouping anytime...

Making tea in the trenches WW1

Good old Brits!!!

Teachicks, thanks for the emoticon link! I'll download it.

Newfoundland, what an amazing picture! Tea is important for regrouping anytime...

You're welcome!

x2!!!

I've got a cup of ... actually, DD made it for me and I don't know exactly what it is. I'm suspecting Lady Grey, but it could be Earl Grey; she and I put different amounts of honey in it and neither one of us is consistent with the lemon juice (neither amount nor adding it at all). Oh, well, it's good!!!
caf.gif

Those pictures are amazing! Tea is such a comfort item. Coffee seems much more utilitarian; tea seems more like hot chocolate. At least to me!
smile.png

I'm back to my Irish Breakfast - DH bought heavy cream for a cake for my birthday so I get to add the good stuff! Makes it kind of like drinking dessert for breakfast. The cake was good too - some kind of chocolate mousse thing, but not really mousse - just creamy chocolate cake. Then my daughter brought over an angelfood cake with strawberries and cream. I'll be addicted by the time I run out of cake and just have to drink more tea!

Back
Top Bottom