Tea Time.... Relax with us and have a cup of hot tea!

Good Morning to all!
TeaChick, good luck w school.
I'm still jealous of the hot weather you guys down south have. Guess it might be because I don't have it every day. I will complain less and try to enjoy the cold more. I'll need sooooo much hot tea :)

Yes, drinking hot tea is a great way to combat the cold!!!
big_smile.png

Thanks for the well wishing. =)
TTYL
Not much going on around here but school work for now.
Set a trap for the rat, caught that one like Thursday or something. Set the same trap last night, but didn't catch anything. DH said we'll set it again somewhere else. (Don't tell the rats!!!) =D
I lost another chick yesterday morning; found the body under the bedding this morning (technically, DH saw it).
IDK what the mystery illness is that's killed so many of them. Well, I lost the other six to coccidiosis, but IDK what's going on right now. I've also got a bantam that's sick. We're treating her with Corid, and she seems to be getting better, but she's not getting "all better" as quickly as the chicks did we treated them for coccidiosis before. Ugh, I hate typing the letters I*D*K!!!!!

Yep, I saw the leaves turning all sorts of colors and felt that cold breeze. I'm going to start drinking more of the chamomile and lemon balm teas now
ep.gif

Sorry to hear about your chicks. Have you tried to post the symptoms at the disease thread? There are many smart folks there who can help.

Good luck!

Thanks. I'll have to try that. I found out on the coffee lovers' thread that the sores/growths are fowl pox and they're caused by mosquitoes. Anyone know anything about chicken-safe ways to repel or get rid of mosquitoes?

Yeah, I made myself a cup of Lipton loose tea this morning. By the middle of the day, I had half of it gone, so I added some chocolate and half&half...then DS dropped his pencil stub in it.
th.gif
At least I got to taste it before he did. I'll be doing that again!!!

Been kind of a crazy week here. Finished up a class last Wednesday, headed home to New Jersey to visit my family a few days during our Fall break so they could meet the new dog I recently adopted, and just started a new (and much more crazy class) on Monday. My motivation to study is very low! I've taken it easy this week studying wise, but I've done quite a bit of cleaning around the apartment. I'm about to go take an online midterm and then I think I'll settle in for early bed!

I always had a very clean apartment around exam time.

Now we just invite people over for dinner if we want the house clean.
big_smile.png

Oh, and the new dog. Details, please. I am all about my pooches. Dogs are good people.

Last edited:
x2 on the puppy!!! Hope you did well on your exam.
My place was always a big mess till after an important exam:)
I have a habit of inviting people over to keep me motivated to keep my house clean, too!:) Especially when the weather is warm, as I feel the season is too short to spend time inside cleaning.
I found a place that sells dried jasmine flowers. I will finally be able to make jasmine tea. Yeah!!!

I got her from a local shelter who took her out of a kill shelter after she was found as a stray. She's such an awesome dog. So lovable and well behaved. She was also house trained and probably only about 1 1/2 - 2 years old. We think she may have had puppies at one point. She also knows what a couch is and loves to be cuddled. She's great with dogs and pretty good with cats and LOVES children. I've been working on some training and she is so smart. I'm working towards being able to hike with her off leash and her recall is really coming along. We named her Sienna and my parents love her so much they wanted to steal her! She also didn't really show any interest in the chickens, so I'm hoping she'll leave them alone!

Her are some pictures of her (as you can imagine, I have a ton!) she's the first dog I've iwned by myself. Definitely a bit daunting of a responsibility at first, but I got her insurance and we have really settled into a routine. She's great in the crate when I'm at class or work, and soon she'll graduate to bein gated in the kitchen I think, especially on longer days!

What a beautiful dog. Sometimes it's hard to believe the great dogs you find in kill shelters. I love the rescuers who spend time there trying to save these amazing puppies.
Keep training her with your birds. My dog is very used to my chickens. But do remember never to leave her with your flock unsupervised. Sometimes young age + instinct takes over and that can set the stage for trouble.
I love training animals. If you need any help, feel free to ask. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom