Tea Time.... Relax with us and have a cup of hot tea!

Hope everyone's having a good week. Mine's been pretty busy.

TeaChick, how are your chicks?

Best to all

Things have been busy here too. Mid-terms seem to blend into finals...
th.gif

The chicks are alright. I lost one of the little ones (now 4 weeks). DD lost a Cochin Bantam pullet (five and a half months old). Another one of the 4-wk chicks looks puny. IDK what it is. I just got done treating them for coccidiosis and worms, so it's neither one of those. I mixed some fermented scratch grains into their crumbles today; hopefully, that helps her out. I might go a head and give them some vitamin water. That's a good idea.

Best to you too, Hon!!!
hugs.gif
Thanks; you're so sweet! =)

Been kind of a crazy week here. Finished up a class last Wednesday, headed home to New Jersey to visit my family a few days during our Fall break so they could meet the new dog I recently adopted, and just started a new (and much more crazy class) on Monday. My motivation to study is very low! I've taken it easy this week studying wise, but I've done quite a bit of cleaning around the apartment. I'm about to go take an online midterm and then I think I'll settle in for early bed!

I've been low on motivation to study too.
I like the sound of going to be early. May I? Maybe DS will let me get away with it if I tell him that someone on BYC said it's okay. lol
Congrats on the dog. =) She's cute! =)

I always had a very clean apartment around exam time.

Now we just invite people over for dinner if we want the house clean.
big_smile.png

Oh, and the new dog. Details, please. I am all about my pooches. Dogs are good people.

ROTFLMBO @ at inviting ppl for dinner when you want the house clean. I've got to invite ppl more often. lol

x2 on the puppy!!! Hope you did well on your exam.
My place was always a big mess till after an important exam:)
I have a habit of inviting people over to keep me motivated to keep my house clean, too!:) Especially when the weather is warm, as I feel the season is too short to spend time inside cleaning.
I found a place that sells dried jasmine flowers. I will finally be able to make jasmine tea. Yeah!!!

Yay for jasmine tea!!!
I used rose petals from my rose bush (vine, whatever). It was nice. =) They didn't last long. Mmmm

I'm about to make myself a cup of tea. When the humidity is high, DH turns on the A/C regardless of the temp.
tongue.gif
I'm about to go find my hoodie and make me some hot tea....IDK what, the fanciest tea I have...I'll have to see what that is. lol

What a beautiful dog. Sometimes it's hard to believe the great dogs you find in kill shelters. I love the rescuers who spend time there trying to save these amazing puppies.
Keep training her with your birds. My dog is very used to my chickens. But do remember never to leave her with your flock unsupervised. Sometimes young age + instinct takes over and that can set the stage for trouble.
I love training animals. If you need any help, feel free to ask. Good luck!

DH trains the dogs.
Do you have experience training children???? lol

lau.gif
I train children, too! My nephews and nieces need just one week with auntie and they are all trained, sweet children/teens:) If it just worked with my own
th.gif

Oh T.Chicks, I thought your chickens had fowl pox. If they do, it's best to isolate them if you can. They don't usually die if it's the cutaneous form, but they can. If you have the time, the disease thread is excellent. Hope you don't lose anymore birds. It's so heartbreaking.

Aww! I love her! I have been known to bury my face in puppy belly and go 'Blubba-da-blubba-da"
She is beautiful. And I know she is devoted.
My shelter rescue dog thanks me everyday.
The Puppy runs through the house saying," Hey everybody! Let's go play, let's go bounce on the couch, let's go get wet and eat stuff!" and the rescue dog shoots me a look that says, "Don't sweat it, I've got this. "

lau.gif
I train children, too! My nephews and nieces need just one week with auntie and they are all trained, sweet children/teens:) If it just worked with my own
th.gif

Yup. Same here. I can work wonders with other ppl's children; I was a preschool teacher....When you have the kind that live with you all the time, IDK what happens, it just doesn't seem to work. lol

Oh T.Chicks, I thought your chickens had fowl pox. If they do, it's best to isolate them if you can. They don't usually die if it's the cutaneous form, but they can. If you have the time, the disease thread is excellent. Hope you don't lose anymore birds. It's so heartbreaking.

I've lost a total of 4 of the little chicks (5 weeks old today). Lost one today; I could tell she was going to go since this morning. Whatever it is doesn't seem to be as bad for the boys. They have fowl pox, cocci live on my property, and of course there's worms and predators. I'm treating with Corid again, but this is just the "put it in their water once a week" thing, not the ten-day treatment regimen.
Thank you for the well wishing. I'm seeing what I can do.
What is the cutaneous form? And, as opposed to what other form?

Aww! I love her! I have been known to bury my face in puppy belly and go 'Blubba-da-blubba-da" She is beautiful. And I know she is devoted. My shelter rescue dog thanks me everyday. The Puppy runs through the house saying," Hey everybody! Let's go play, let's go bounce on the couch, let's go get wet and eat stuff!" and the rescue dog shoots me a look that says, "Don't sweat it, I've got this. "
She LOVES her belly rubbed. She'll roll over in the middle of wherever we are walking so people can pet her. I volunteered her for a booth at an upcoming event at the vet school to teach people and their children how to listen to heart beats on their dogs. We'll see how she does with that! She loves children, but sometimes can be a bit shy until she sees everything is ok. She's the same way at the dog park. Takes her a bit to warm up and play with the other dogs!

Last edited:
I've lost a total of 4 of the little chicks (5 weeks old today). Lost one today; I could tell she was going to go since this morning. Whatever it is doesn't seem to be as bad for the boys. They have fowl pox, cocci live on my property, and of course there's worms and predators. I'm treating with Corid again, but this is just the "put it in their water once a week" thing, not the ten-day treatment regimen.
Thank you for the well wishing. I'm seeing what I can do.
What is the cutaneous form? And, as opposed to what other form?
You'll find great info at this link:
www.merckmanuals.com/vet/poultry/fowlpox_in_chickens_and_turkeys.html

Very briefly, the cutaneous form will run its course in a few weeks. The other form is the diphtheric, which affects the GI and respiratory tracts. This form is a bit more complicated to deal with. I hope you don't lose anymore chicks.
hugs.gif

She LOVES her belly rubbed. She'll roll over in the middle of wherever we are walking so people can pet her. I volunteered her for a booth at an upcoming event at the vet school to teach people and their children how to listen to heart beats on their dogs. We'll see how she does with that! She loves children, but sometimes can be a bit shy until she sees everything is ok. She's the same way at the dog park. Takes her a bit to warm up and play with the other dogs!
Awww, what a sweetheart!
love.gif

You'll find great info at this link:
www.merckmanuals.com/vet/poultry/fowlpox_in_chickens_and_turkeys.html

Very briefly, the cutaneous form will run its course in a few weeks. The other form is the diphtheric, which affects the GI and respiratory tracts. This form is a bit more complicated to deal with. I hope you don't lose anymore chicks.
hugs.gif
Thank you! I did find that very informative. I'm going to save that site in my favorites. I've had so many illnesses this year that I need reliable information readily available at all times.
Thanks. I did lose 2 this morning, but everyone else looks alright. It looks like it's just the cutaneous form. The article said it is contagous, but the mortality rate is fairly low and apparently the whole flock will be immune.

You're welcome! Glad it worked out for you. Let's keep our fingers crossed for no more losses!

Yeah,
fl.gif

I'm having Lipton loose tea today. Still working on my first double cup. =D

Aw, man! I just remembered that I forgot to do my workout today. I've got to go do that. I found a five-day trial of a fitness program app. I like it. It's LWR lite (Lucy Wyndham-Read is a British fitness woman). The lite version didn't require any special permissions, and I don't pay for apps, and I don't like to do the same program for long (more than a week or two; and I'm really low on motivation these days)
hide.gif
Anyway, this app was perfect for me for right now.
Gotta go do my workout.
bun.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom