Tea Time.... Relax with us and have a cup of hot tea!

Apparently the numerous coffee threads have a competitor here on BYC. I too am a polysubstance abuser, I drink both coffee and tea. When it comes to tea, I'm a bit of a purist, I really don't like much else than Earl Grey. None of that ginger lemon berry green chai stuff for me, thank you.
True purists only drink PG tips.
wink.png

Hey, If it is warm and comforting it is good!
My husband is good, my dogs are good, my blankie is good,
Bed-good
... and just about anything served in a cup.
except hemlock. That's not good. You can take Socrates's word for it, but he's not talking about it.
lol.png

Wait.. is it' too soon'?

Thanks, 3 goideggs. I'll do that, then. Hate to waste tea bags. The blueberry bushes will like them, too.
Hard to run into this problem in commercial poultry operations
smile.png

Do any of you guys have grape vines?
This year , I tried the chicken compost on my grape vines , but they didn't do very well. Maybe they need some tea ? Just to stay in the subject
smile.png
Grape vines like 5.0-6.0 pH.
I wish I lived further north so I could grow something beside Muscadine.

True purists only drink PG tips.
wink.png

Hey, If it is warm and comforting it is good!
My husband is good, my dogs are good, my blankie is good,
Bed-good
... and just about anything served in a cup.
except hemlock. That's not good. You can take Socrates's word for it, but he's not talking about it.
lol.png

Wait.. is it' too soon'?
I think you should wait a millennium or two still...

hide.gif
Still too fresh in the minds of the populace.
goodpost.gif

My grapes are concord, I think. A friend gave it to me years ago. It started bearing fruit 4 years later. I might have put a lot of chicken compost, then. The pH might have gone way down. Thanks, 3goodeggs.

Hi vehve!!
I am fond of tea and love to experiment with new flavors. Yep, I think we are strong competitors to the coffee folks.
lau.gif

I love to drink coffee when I have company, though. But tea is for every occasion.

Good morning! I toss my herbal tea bags in the compost pile. I am wondering if I should toss black tea bags in there too, since my chickens will have access to them.

I do.

Apparently the numerous coffee threads have a competitor here on BYC. I too am a polysubstance abuser, I drink both coffee and tea. When it comes to tea, I'm a bit of a purist, I really don't like much else than Earl Grey. None of that ginger lemon berry green chai stuff for me, thank you.

Not a competitor, a companion thread.
big_smile.png

LOL I feel ya. But I like all the lemon berry green chai stuff; not a fan of ginger at all, except it adds a little something to Asian food.
How do you take your Earl Grey only tea?

The right way, straight up. None of that honey, sugar, milk or lemon wedge stuff for me.

About composting, you could always bury the stuff you don't want the chickens to get to a bit deeper in the pile. I compost in a hot composter, so the birds can't get to it, but they do like to dig around my resting cage, probably loads of nice worms and creepy crawlies in the ground around it. I'm a bit crazy about the composting, if someone's interested, there's a link to my composting thread in my signature.

My compost pile isn't very fancy and the chickens do get to it quite a lot. But they are doing such a great job on it that I don't mind. My peaches and pears were beautiful this year.
I like earl grey tea. And every other tea I sink my mouth into. There are very few I can't drink .
Oh TeaChick, always so nice. The coffee folks are great. I lurk there from time to time. So many posts I find myself reading it's hard to post there:)

My compost pile isn't very fancy and the chickens do get to it quite a lot. But they are doing such a great job on it that I don't mind. My peaches and pears were beautiful this year.
I like earl grey tea. And every other tea I sink my mouth into. There are very few I can't drink .
Oh TeaChick, always so nice. The coffee folks are great. I lurk there from time to time. So many posts I find myself reading it's hard to post there:)
You are always welcome to join in. They are so fun and friendly.
Mostly. There is this guy from Finland that ...
barnie.gif

seriously....
roll.png

....He's hilarious.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom