Tea Time.... Relax with us and have a cup of hot tea!

I just dump my compost in a hole that was washed out in the back of my yard when we moved here. The chickens treat it like a candy store. lol

On Earl Grey, I like it with sugar or honey and lemon or milk, and I also drink it straight. I don't prefer anything without sugar and/or salt though. (Sad, I know.)
hide.gif

I'm baking my red velvet cake today. The family deserves a little treat every now and then

We make Red Velvet Cake at least once a year, but we do it in the dead of winter, or else we'd make it all the time and get really fat. lol

My compost pile isn't very fancy and the chickens do get to it quite a lot. But they are doing such a great job on it that I don't mind. My peaches and pears were beautiful this year.
I like earl grey tea. And every other tea I sink my mouth into. There are very few I can't drink .
Oh TeaChick, always so nice. The coffee folks are great. I lurk there from time to time. So many posts I find myself reading it's hard to post there:)
I KWYM. I don't think anyone would mind if you randomly replied or posted.
thumbsup.gif

I am making this; magic 3 layer lemon cake.
I do not expect it to come out this pretty, so it is the picture off of the internet.
I love lemon, and lime, and citrus in general.

lemon-magic-cake-1-6.jpg

I am making this; magic 3 layer lemon cake.
I do not expect it to come out this pretty, so it is the picture off of the internet.
I love lemon, and lime, and citrus in general.

lemon-magic-cake-1-6.jpg

I don't need my cakes or desserts or sweets to be pretty, just yummy! Please send some to me and I'll let you know if it's yummy or not, okay?
Me too, about the lemon, lime, and citrus. I prefer limes to lemons and tangerines to oranges and I like my grapefruit with a light sprinkling of salt and a little bit of sugar.
And I'll make a cup of hot tea to go with the lemony deliciosity you're going to send me!!!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
It did not get made yesterday. I came home sat down... and fell asleep.
It is a half school day today, so My boy and I will make it this afternoon.
It looks good. If it is, I will post the recipe.

At what age do I have to stop referring to him as my' boy'?

I lost my tangerine and grapefruit trees a couple winters back. I miss them.
We bought some replacements, but it will take a while, and I think we are just going to get some gigantic pots and leave them in the big greenhouse .
oooh. something just happened to the size.

It did not get made yesterday. I came home sat down... and fell asleep.
It is a half school day today, so My boy and I will make it this afternoon.
It looks good. If it is, I will post the recipe.

At what age do I have to stop referring to him as my' boy'?

I lost my tangerine and grapefruit trees a couple winters back. I miss them.
We bought some replacements, but it will take a while, and I think we are just going to get some gigantic pots and leave them in the big greenhouse .
oooh. something just happened to the size.

It's funny how, when you fall asleep, things don't make themselves, huh? I have that problem too.
My oldest and youngest made banana muffins together today!!! Yum!!!!!
Yes, please. DH likes lemon desserts, but we only make Lemon Merang (sp) Pie and we have to sift through all my recipes to find the lemon bars recipe he likes. So, having a lemon cake recipe will expand our lemon recipe repetuar (sp again) would be great!!!!
(as you can see, I'm not the best speller)
hide.gif

I plan on referring to my sons as the "boys" for a good, long time. (I'm thinking the rest of my life...)

I'm sorry for your losses.
hugs.gif

Yeah, they say the best time to buy fruit trees is ten years ago.

Haha, so true! Things don't make themselves when we are asleep!:) I wish my garden would weed itself. Wouldn't it be a dream?
3goodeggs, waiting to " sample " the lemon bars. Yum! It's hard to lose a tree. I love my trees, so when I lost my 2 Granny Smith apple to rust, I was pretty sad. I hope you can replace yours soon.. Here at this time I would have to wait till spring.
TeaChick, banana muffins are yummy, too!
I made the red velvet cake, but guess what: it wouldn't come out of the mold! This time I made a flourless one for the first time. I had to decorate it in the pan!! Hope it tastes good.

Back
Top Bottom