Tea Time.... Relax with us and have a cup of hot tea!

Yeah, it's super cold here too. You wouldn't want to try to sleep here, but you'd be welcome if you came!!! =)
TeaChick, how cold is your super cold? I thought this was impossible in Florida. Come night time we are all glued to the wood stove.
ep.gif
But I can't say it isn't beautiful out when it snows.
You'd have to share the couch with the golden retriever puppy. She is as big as a grown dog but with puppy brains. She still belives she belongs in a lap.
Which would be okay, except for her elbows -and she spills my tea.
I keep imagining that huge "puppy" spilling your tea.
Who knows one day we will all meet up in sunny Florida with our dogs and share some tea!
My poodle is a great lap and neck warmer. We fight over who's lap she's warming in this weather
big_smile.png
She doesn't spill my tea, but is always trying to steal food when we are not looking. She is a sweetheart and an Angel.

All of our dogs are big dogs. The puppy has discovered that she can now rest her head on the table and investigate our plates.
The older dogs look at her like,"OH NO YOU DIDN'T!"

And she is all, "What? What?!?"
She is 8 months and still a kid.

TeaChick, how cold is your super cold? I thought this was impossible in Florida. Come night time we are all glued to the wood stove.
ep.gif
But I can't say it isn't beautiful out when it snows.
I keep imagining that huge "puppy" spilling your tea.
Who knows one day we will all meet up in sunny Florida with our dogs and share some tea!
My poodle is a great lap and neck warmer. We fight over who's lap she's warming in this weather
big_smile.png
She doesn't spill my tea, but is always trying to steal food when we are not looking. She is a sweetheart and an Angel.
Super cold = anything below 60*F
big_smile.png

Did I mention I miss my flip flops?

All of our dogs are big dogs. The puppy has discovered that she can now rest her head on the table and investigate our plates.
The older dogs look at her like,"OH NO YOU DIDN'T!"

And she is all, "What? What?!?"
She is 8 months and still a kid.
We have a puppy; he's almost a year old, but he still acts like he's a baby. smh

Super cold = anything below 60*F
big_smile.png

Did I mention I miss my flip flops?
lol.png
Well, Tea, we are going to have a "super cold " day here tomorrow. 59 degrees!!! To me, it'll feel like summer
hit.gif

I miss my flip flops, too. I'll see them again in May...

We have a puppy; he's almost a year old, but he still acts like he's a baby. smh
Pictures?
Today I drank raspberry leaf tea. It tasted so good.
My poor little 5-month-old roo is trying to attract the older girls now. He did the "dance" for them, but none paid any attention. Poor guy, he just stopped and started preening, pretending nothing had happened. It doesn't help that he's also
D.gif
very afraid of them.

Well, I bit the bullet and tried chamomile tea for the first time in years. I still like Earl Grey better. The chamomile tastes a bit like you would try to make tea out of your lawn.

But the main reason I'm logged in today is to be able to say what happened today to chicken people who will understand...

This morning, DD's fish died. As I was cleaning out the fish tank and saying the proper good byes to the departed(DD really liked him), I peak out the window just to see a hawk eating my hen! It was so swift that I didn't hear a peep. The others made it to the run and were terrified. I ran outside, shooed the hawk and gathered the remains of my dear hen. I wouldn't let that bird have another bite of her. Then, I went to the run and coop to make sure everyone was there. One other hen was missing. I looked everywhere and not a sign of her. I decided that I would go back to the coop area at dusk. She was probably hiding somewhere and wasn't coming out in broad day light. I closed the chickens in for the rest of the day, as the hawk was patiently perched on a nearby tree waiting for dinner. It was warm outside today and I knew it was the last day I could plant before the snow, so I planted the 22 bulbs I got at the market the day before. I thought of my hen and how sweet she was. I thought of the fish and how we had fun watching him take food out our finger. I planted some life for them. I was looking out the window as the sun was setting, hoping my other hen would come out of hiding. That's exactly what she did. What a relief! I rushed outside to meet her. She was scared of even approaching me. I opened the door to the run and she went in. She ate and drank so much, the poor thing. And then she went right inside to roost for the night. Tomorrow and for a few days after, the chickens will stay in the run.
And I'm glad the day is over.

Back
Top Bottom