Tea Time.... Relax with us and have a cup of hot tea!

It is a type of Camellia.
It has a small white flower that looks like a Camellia flower.
220px-Camellia_sinensis_-_K%C3%B6hler%E2%80%93s_Medizinal-Pflanzen-025.jpg

Mine is actually growing!
That makes me happy, because I was told it is too hot and humid for it here.

No, I don't process my chickens. I have them just for the eggs. I've never processed anything because I am a big chicken
D.gif

3goodeggs, you could try using coconut sugar for baking and see how it fares compared to regular sugar. I keep experimenting with different types of flour. I have used coconut flour on my cornmeal cake and it tasted delicious. I've never used coconut sugar on anything.

This is a beautiful plant! I bet it grows around here in a pot. But then I would have to bring it in in the fall. A couple I know planted a tangerine tree in a big vase. They keep it outside in the summer and bring it in in the fall. They have enjoyed some good fruit from that tree. I wish my house would accommodate a mango tree
wink.png

No, I don't process my chickens. I have them just for the eggs. I've never processed anything because I am a big chicken
D.gif

3goodeggs, you could try using coconut sugar for baking and see how it fares compared to regular sugar. I keep experimenting with different types of flour. I have used coconut flour on my cornmeal cake and it tasted delicious. I've never used coconut sugar on anything.

This is a beautiful plant! I bet it grows around here in a pot. But then I would have to bring it in in the fall. A couple I know planted a tangerine tree in a big vase. They keep it outside in the summer and bring it in in the fall. They have enjoyed some good fruit from that tree. I wish my house would accommodate a mango tree
wink.png
My son keeps saying that if we dug down in one of the greenhouses and walled the sides so that we had a recess, we might be able to fit a mango tree in the large green house.

That seemed like a ridiculous idea for a long time, but now I am thinking it makes more sense than growing plants that don't sell.

They are huge trees. I do not know if they have dwarf root stock for mangoes, but if they did... Yes sir, we'd grow mangoes! I love them.

We are growing all of our citrus in big pots in one of the big houses. There is something called citrus greening down here, eventually, that will be the only place citrus will be able to be grown.

I've never heard of dwarf mango trees. I too love mangoes, but store bought mangoes look like they are so old! I've traveled to places where I could pick mangoes right from the trees. There are so many different varieties of this fruit and all of them I tried are delicious.

What is citrus greening? I'm curious. I want to plant citrus trees in a pot, but I am wondering how the fruit will taste like. How do yours taste? What type of soil mix do you use?

You should be safe where you are with patio citrus.
It is spread by a psyllid, a leaf hopper that I do not believe is up your way, and even if it is, there are not many citrus trees to spread it around with.
psyllid1MichaelRogersaUF-IFASresearcher.jpg

Mottle.jpg

I bought some coconut sugar too, and was a tad disappointed that it had no coconut flavor.
I am not real sure what to do with it. I do not drink my tea or coffee with sweetener. It is brown sugar-ish, and yet... something else. almost caramelized sugar tasting.

It is a good thing it doesn't taste like coconut or I would just eat it from the bag with a spoon.
hide.gif

lol I know what you mean. I'm kind of glad it didn't, though.
The bag just says to use it as regular sugar. Stick it in baked goods, then you wouldn't have to taste it as much. I think that's the way you'd be less disappointed.

Yeah. lol

Back
Top Bottom