Tea Time.... Relax with us and have a cup of hot tea!

Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful Easter as well!!

So, how do you nominate people for badges? I mean is there a thread, do you PM some one or whats the whole system?
There is a thread, but it has been crashing for me for the last few days.
You can do a search for award nominations, or contact a moderator if the thread crashes for you as well

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/812597/byc-recognition-awards-educator-friend-spirit-greeter/0_50

go to BYC forum
under that, go to : Forum information &FAQs
click on that, then: BYC website & forum feedback and announcements
click on the left column not the thread column and it should come up.

I keep getting the sick file emoticon.

Hi all!
I had no idea that badges even existed here
1f62c.png
and no idea how it works. Guess I have to click the link to find out.
1f609.png

Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful Easter as well!!

So, how do you nominate people for badges? I mean is there a thread, do you PM some one or whats the whole system?

I like your new avi! I watched The Neverending Story when I was like nine at camp; I'll never forget it! Falcor and...I don't remember the kid's name. But I liked that he named the princess after his mother. *sniff*sniff*

Hi all!
I had no idea that badges even existed here
1f62c.png
and no idea how it works. Guess I have to click the link to find out.
1f609.png

It's fun.
I got a friends badge last year. IDK how I even got it, but it was nice of the ppl who nominated me.
I think that kind of thing works best if you get several ppl together and all nominate one person, b/c none of the ppl I nominated got anything.
hu.gif

I like your new avi! I watched The Neverending Story when I was like nine at camp; I'll never forget it! Falcor and...I don't remember the kid's name. But I liked that he named the princess after his mother. *sniff*sniff*

It's fun.
I got a friends badge last year. IDK how I even got it, but it was nice of the ppl who nominated me.
I think that kind of thing works best if you get several ppl together and all nominate one person, b/c none of the ppl I nominated got anything.
hu.gif
Thank you! It's one of my favorite movies

I'd like to join this tea party.
big_smile.png
Just got finished reading all the previous posts.

I'm a big time tea drinker among coffee drinkers at work. I used to break down and drink coffee at work for something hot in the winter, but I have to add so much powdered cream and real sugar (artificial sweeteners do not taste good with coffee) that it wasn't good for my teeth. I can use the artificial stuff with tea so at least I'm not rotting them as I'm staining them. Now that work has gotten a Keruig machine, I can get hot water and make my own tea to drink. Hubby, also a tea drinker, is a plain Lipton guy, but I prefer flavors...just about anything goes: fruits, mint, etc. I'm currently drinking tangerine tea at work and vanilla chai or blueberry at home (but almost out of that). Best way to get different flavored tea for me is ebay or gift boxes at Christmas time. I get some Bigelow or Celestial Seasonings but the selection is limited. I'm considering buying flavored syrups (again limited selection at local grocery store so looking online).

Oh, back to the teeth staining properties of tea...bleach is great for the kitchen ware, but for my teeth, I'm trying a new toothpaste. Got a High School reunion coming up this fall and while I don't want dazzling artificially white teeth, I don't want yellowish either.

I have a 16 year old son so I'm not much help with the college talk. I'll have to learn from you all.
wink.png
I also have an 11 year old son. We have ducks (DS#1), and chickens (LF me, bantams DS#2) - make my post for BYC.

I'd like a fruit tree or two, but haven't had much luck getting shade trees to grow. A couple of summers ago, drought killed my blackberries. I have to make jams from store bought fruit.

I had a hawk get one of my girls two winters ago and this Christmas/New Year's I had a bald eagle in my backyard making me worry but thankfully it ate the coon I killed and left my chickens alone. Lucky you who were able to scare them off before it got any more.

That's all I remember reading from here without going too far back into the history and dredging up more.

CG

Back
Top Bottom