Technical coop building question.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! So my coop is done! And the chicks spent their first night out there last night. It was cold in the 30's and probably low 30's because there was some frost on the grass this morning. But they all made it just fine even my little sick chick. I was out early in the evening got home about 8:30pm and when I checked on them they were all huddled in the corner sleeping but not under the MHP. The looked cold but the one good thing was the little chick managed to work her way into the middle and kid of on top so she was warm and took care of herself. She is a fighter. So I put them under the MHP and that's where they stayed for the rest of the night. So here are be pictures of my coop. I still have to make a sign and permanently out up the roost bars and feeders etc in the run. I did some creative painting which I got totally beat up for by everyone but I don't care. I know the chickens don't care but I worked hard on this coop and I wanted to make it my own so I painted it the way that made me happy! Thank you for all your help. I truly would never have gotten this down if not for the support and advice from all of you. This coop would have definitely fallen down if you guys didn't catch my mistakes
1f644.png

Of course it looks great and the chicks are doing great. And no, you will never totally finish it. I’m considering a modification on mine as old as it is. But the changes do eventually slow down.

You may be OK with that roof overhang, but I’d consider caulking or putting flashing on the nests roof where it meets the wall. You might get rain water in your nests otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom