Technical coop building question.

Of course it looks great and the chicks are doing great. And no, you will never totally finish it. I’m considering a modification on mine as old as it is. But the changes do eventually slow down.

You may be OK with that roof overhang, but I’d consider caulking or putting flashing on the nests roof where it meets the wall. You might get rain water in your nests otherwise.
You are so good at this. Just looking at the pictures and you can see what I need. Yes, we still have a few things to do. Its never really DONE, done right? We have some caulking, weather stripping, need to tinker with a few of the locks etc. Im sure there will by many, many tweeks along the way. We want to fold over or down the edges of the metal roof on roof and nest boxes as its very sharp so still a few more tweeks but I love the help and appreciate all the suggestions by my expert coop building friends so Thanks! I know one thing for sure, my next one will be BIGGER!
big_smile.png

Hey, it's your birthday and you can paint what you want to!

Love the clouds on the run ceiling.

Man, that one is Huge!
Does it even fit under the HP?
Thanks aart! You have been vital in getting this project done and loyally helping along with my sick chick, thank you so much for holding my hand especially with your endless help with my little sick chick. I cannot believe that chick is thriving...

Yes, I believe you are talking about my Light Brahma. She is HUGE. She is the oldest probably about 5 1/2 weeks. Is that normal?
hu.gif
I hope shes a pullet. And yes she fits under just fine.

That is wicked adorable! You (and hubby) should be proud. And I, for one, love the paint job. And it's "done" in perfect time for this beautiful weather we are getting! Get yourself a coffee from Dunkin, put your feet up, and enjoy the fruit of your hard work. You deserve it.

I cannot believe that chick is thriving...

Yes, I believe you are talking about my Light Brahma. She is HUGE. She is the oldest probably about 5 1/2 weeks. Is that normal?
hu.gif
I hope shes a pullet. And yes she fits under just fine.
Me neither, I thought it was a goner.
Was glad to help, you did a great job managing the situation.

Brahmas are big birds, have had 4 of them, all females named Beulah.
Great demeanor's all, but not such great layers, sold the last 2 as pets.
Harder to tell gender by comb and wattles, but she looks pretty pink yet.

That is wicked adorable! You (and hubby) should be proud. And I, for one, love the paint job. And it's "done" in perfect time for this beautiful weather we are getting! Get yourself a coffee from Dunkin, put your feet up, and enjoy the fruit of your hard work. You deserve it.
LOL! I did exactly that. Checked on the chicks MADE a pot of Dunkin and sat and relaxed while posting and reading on here. But now I have to get going as I have Easter here tomorrow and my house has been totally neglected for everything chicken lately!

Me neither, I thought it was a goner.
Was glad to help, you did a great job managing the situation.

Brahmas are big birds, have had 4 of them, all females named Beulah.
Great demeanor's all, but not such great layers, sold the last 2 as pets.
Harder to tell gender by comb and wattles, but she looks pretty pink yet.
Well time will tell I guess. Love the name Beulah, my brahma is the first one I named and she is Betsy....I dont know it just came to me that she is a Betsy so Betsy it is. Haven't named them all yet but my CL is Kiki, my barred rock cockerel is George, my sick chick buff cochin is Stella Star because she is a super star survivor so far, my FBCM is Jem (short for Jemimah, named after a friend Jimmy). I promised my oldest daughter she could name the buff rock so now I need names from my silver penciled rock, welsummer, swedish (probably cockerel so waiting), barred rock pullet.

The paint job on the coop is awesome. I agree with Aart about the clouds. I have two questions for you. Why do you have the pair of car ramps in front of the run door. I have a set of those that I have not used in years but will not get rid of them for some reason and you might have a reason for me to keep them and put them to use. I really like what you did with the nest boxes, do you think they will shut the curtains when they start laying?
idunno.gif
It has been entertaining and informative following the thread and I thank you for that. Happy Easter.

wow I am just catching up. I too love the paint. the flowers and clouds are awesome. I also agree with the group that you and your hubby have made not only a functional coop but a work of art. Something both of you should be very proud of.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom