TELL ME IT ISN'T SO.... Q- about Speckled Sussex **PICS**

Half-a-dozen

Songster
12 Years
May 26, 2007
NJ
Well yes...I know you have guessed before a boy..... BUT... If he is he is going on 13 weeks and not crowing!!! Not even trying.... SO... I have posted more pics. The two are SS, they were both suppose to be pullets!
roll.png

I love Their coloring, disposition. Ohh and he really don't act like a roo. (No Roo action or dominant behavior)-
big_smile.png
Can you tell I really want he to be a she...
fl.gif

Well here are the pics... They are both same age, and both suppose to be pullets...and follow each other around like nuts and honey! They eat together, sleep together and dust together... I won't have to tell you which one I'm asking about, it is pretty obvious, since there is no crowing, I was hoping by feather development of this breed it might be a sign as to girl or boy??? So let me know what you think...
he.gif

Them together....
Chickens5-30-0816.jpg

Chickens5-31-0874.jpg

Chickens5-30-0821.jpg

The one in question??? Could it be a she and just with really fast crazy comb/waddle dev. ??
Chickens5-30-0813.jpg

Chickens5-31-0875.jpg

Chickens5-30-0819.jpg

The other...
hit.gif

Chickens5-30-0810.jpg

Chickens5-30-0814.jpg

Chickens5-30-0820.jpg

The not crowing yet part isn't a big issue. I have had 16 - 18 week olds that did not crow. My big blue orp didn't start to crow until 22 weeks. Before that he made cluck and bok noises, growls and whistles. I think you know the answer is it is a cockeral. Look at the difference not only in wattles and comb but hackle and tail feathers as well as the size of the thick legs and feet.

Yes, yes.... your right.... I was just hoping my thinking WAS wrong and you guys would confirm my delerium....
hit.gif
hit.gif

Altho the crowing made me sit on the fence...so thank you MissPrissy
smile.png

I just am in shock as to how many Roo's I am winding up with...when they were suppose to be sexed and pullets!!!
barnie.gif
he.gif

Even I can tell that's a roo... and that's not saying much. But, look at that bird, sure looks ALL boy to me!

I'm so sorry for you, I feel your pain. I have an almost 9 week old BO and SLW that I'm still trying to be in denial about. Both were supposed to be pullets too. They just can't be boys.
hit.gif

Yeah... it's hard news unless you could keep all your Roos... and why do they have to be so darn beautiful!!!
th.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom