Tell your 'what the heck was that thing?' scary story

noodleroo

Snuggles with Chickens
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
Rockport, Tx
When I was in college, I took a night class that had me on a very lightly traveled country road in the late evening. I was about 12 miles from home when suddenly...'BOOM!'..there was a huge explosive 'flash' right is front of my windshield! Scared the begeebers out of me! It was the middle of nowhere and there was no one there; no cars, no houses anywhere near. It was like a huge firecracker sparkler thing. When I got home and inspected the car, tere was no sign of fire or carbon or anything. I still have no idea what it was. It was south Texas in the fall of 1977. Anybody else have anything like that?

Quote:
A thorough reading of the Bible should give most Christians a healthy suspicion (sp?) of any "friendly ghosts." Odds are, they're hostile - I, personally, would regard it as a literal enemy soldier. I don't know if you're a Christian or not, but it's not a good idea to assume it's friendly. Because it is almost definitely real, and it has motives and goals that you don't know.

Lindsay - I know! They freak me out, yet they fascinate me.

Last edited:
OK heres one....

When I was about 16, I was staying at my fathers cottage on the lake for the summer. It always was a creepy place with more than one story, but.... It was raining buckets outside, so my fathers girlfriend Karen and I were just sitting at the kitchen table downstairs. The rain was just pounding on the roof. We were just sitting there then all of a sudden I hear this thump,pause thump, pause thump pause. Then kinda weird like at the same time Karen and I look at each other and with puzzeled looks on our faces, and say to each other simultaniously, do you hear that? And through the pounding of the rain you could hear this dull thump thud kinda sound. So we are like is the rain ruining the roof, do we have a leak? We had better go upstairs have a look see, and make sure everything is OK.
So we get up from the table to head upstairs and the dog wakes up. We get to the bottom of the stairs, and the dog stands there with all the hair on its back raised up looking up the stairs. So now we are thinking what the heck. So we start heading up the stairs and we can still hear the thump sound. Its at the end of the hall past all the bedrooms in an empty living room area, thats completely empty. Empty except I kid you not a big bass drum.
Well now Karen and I start getting the creeps like real bad. We could still hear the sound until we got into the room. Let me tell ya, we were scared crapless to enter that room. Had it not been daytime I dont think I would have. There in the room, in the far corner is that stupid drum. We turned around ran back down stairs and waited for dad to get home. We didnt hear the sound again. When dad arrived home we promptly told him get that dang drum out of the house NOW!!! Or we were going some where else to spend the night. Out to the curb it went, right then and there. We never heard the sound again. Totally creepy.

here are a few of my story's

it was summer holidays and me and my family where on a trip to Alberta (dinosaur stuff i was in grade 5 going to six or going into 5 so like 2009), now two really weird things happened that trip, the first when we where there and the other on the way there. so for the first story, we where driving past this trucker pit stop, (mostly just an out house/toilet for people to use) now to my memory there was no cars there as we where driving by, but this guy was there, butt check naked, he was as hairy as an ape. the thing that was scary was how he walked (almost like a Bigfoot you see in those videos) and how long his arms where, they where down past his knees. and he was standing up right. too this day we still joke that we saw big foot at a truck stop.

for the second event we where in the badlands of Alberta, and they have hiking trails all over. so when went to one to take some pictures, (in case you never have been there or heard of this place just think its hot like a desert, cactus, rattle snakes and scorpions) so we got out of the car and walked a little bit then my dad saw a foot print in the ground, it was a human print but with no shoe on and well bigger then my dads foot. now this would be fine on a beach or something like that, but it was in the middle of the bad lands which are full of rocks,cactus and snakes. it makes no sense to have no shoes on. it was creepy and very weird. (also this area is full of ghost towns and abandon coal mines so ya)

this happened maybe a month ago i was sleeping out in are living room and heard this really weird sound, my mom heard it as well (in her bed room) it was like a laugh, not human. animal like. but this went on for about 30 minutes just this double laugh like sound. we opened the door and yelled at it, it never moved just stayed in the darkness doing its laugh. we then searched up coyote sounds, (as we have tons of yotes here) but still could not find this exact sound. (it was almost hyena like) still very creepy.

Late one evening heading home from college I hit something. There was a large thud and something metallic went flying into the air. To all intent and purpose it looked like a flashlight. I immediately stopped positive that I had hit a person with a flashlight. When I got out of the car and searched, there was nothing there. I turned around and slowly drove back- there was nothing there. There was no damage to my car, and till today I do not know what happened that night.

One night something strange happened when I was over at a friends house playing cards. Right out side his dining room window was a pole for the tv antenna. Well we were all just sitting there at the table right in front of the window when all of a sudden this ball of electricity, about the size of a soccer ball, came down the pole. There were no storms in the area so I don't think it was lightning.

About a month ago i was watching tv in my room, when i heard a noise outside, i got my flashlight and went outside to investigate. i looked around and saw nothing, but when i looked again, i saw 3 eyes shining back at me about 200 feet away, all 3 of them blinked at the same time so i ran inside to get my .22 and when i got back it was gone, and as i was walking inside my house, i heard these kind of deep clicking sounds coming from that direction
hide.gif
hide.gif
hide.gif

Once my chickens were calling the alarm, so I went outside to lock them in their run (they free-range when somebody's in the house and when there are no predators near). They always stop calling the alarm when I put them in the run because they know it's a safe spot- once a hawk landed on their run when they were inside it and they didn't call the alarm- but this time they kept buc-buc-buc-bucAWKing. I looked all over the sky, ground trees, roof of the house, EVERYWHERE! I checked multiple times and kept my ears open for predators, but there was nothing. For hours they on-and-off clucked the alarm in the run. They were looking on the ground, near our apple tree. But there was nothing there. Could have been a spirit that hadn't found a new body (I believe in reincarnation). Quite eerie.
hide.gif

Well, I was outside at night with my friends, and we were just having random conversations. We were starring up at the sky at the stars and talking about the universe. We walked out to my front yard and were standing near the road. Then I saw an "orb" it was unlike any light I have seen EVER. No it was not a flashlight, lamp, ect. It was several feet in the air and it had a beautiful surreal glow. It was a bluish white and it was as big as my head or bigger. It floated up high near the woods then went high over a pine tree branch and with that it was just gone. I turned to my friends and asked if they saw it. One of my friends saw it, the other didn't. Then on a separate occasion at night with the same friends, I ran to the backyard chasing my friend that didn't see the orb, and right as I ran into the backyard I saw an orb go over the burn pile and vanish. This time my friend saw it and he was like, "Wow know I know what ya'll were talking about!"

I have no idea what that exactly was, but it moved.

Back
Top Bottom