TEMP DROPPED

romeoz13

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 26, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I just got home and it was at a steady 99.5 yesterday for day 1 but now its at 90.5...I just raised the temp to 102 to try and get heat back than I will stabilize it to 99.5 once it gets there...is there any reason why the temp would drop like this? I am using the Brinsea Mini Advance Hatching Egg Incubator. thanks

I'm not sure why the temp would have dropped. I thought the mini advance had digital temp on it? Or have you got a thermometer in it? How long did you have it running before you set your eggs? I would make sure the lid is securely down in the right position just incase.

False alarm...I had the temp to cool for 60 min a day...recommended by another member that has the same machine...I will keep an eye on it the next hour to make sure it goes back up. This is nerve racking and Im only 24 hrs in.

Brinsea recommends you start the cooling period each day from day 7. This should be in your instruction booklet. Don't panic that you have done it earlier. It should come on the same time everyday.

It's okay for the eggs to cool every day. I have my brinsea incubators set up that way too. And my broody hens get off their nests every day to go dust bathe and look for bugs. And the eggs become cool to the touch while momma's out. The eggs develop just fine. You just don't want them to overheat. But embryos can easily handle periods of cooling.

Back
Top Bottom