Temperature Concern ! !

jnew

Hatching
Apr 11, 2016
I'm on day 19 of my first ever hatch. My temperature has been perfect 99.5 with only a 1 degree variations at times. I am using a hovabator-bator with an electronic egg turner. Today I removed the Turner and added additional water to the tray. My concern was the Turner has to produce additional heat that was helping compensate the heating element. However I left the dial at its current spot. I had to leave for work and returned approximately 10 hours later to find my TEMPERATURE AT 92.3. I have since returned to normal but wanted to hear the experts thoughts. I do not have a fan and it is a still incubator.

I'm on day 19 of my first ever hatch. My temperature has been perfect 99.5 with only a 1 degree variations at times. I am using a hovabator-bator with an electronic egg turner. Today I removed the Turner and added additional water to the tray. My concern was the Turner has to produce additional heat that was helping compensate the heating element. However I left the dial at its current spot. I had to leave for work and returned approximately 10 hours later to find my TEMPERATURE AT 92.3. I have since returned to normal but wanted to hear the experts thoughts. I do not have a fan and it is a still incubator.
If you don't have a fan your temps were low to begin with as still runs more ideally at 101-102F taken near the tops of the eggs. I had a bad thermometer in my first hatch and found out post hatch it was 6 degrees off so my entire incubation was at 6 degrees low and I still managed to get a hatch if that tells you anything. If your chicks were developmentally where they should be at day 19 then -though not ideal, the drop shouldn't compromise the entire hatch. I wouldn't be surprised to see a delay though. I'd candle and check the movement and development.

Back
Top Bottom