Temperature Controller

kingmt

Songster
11 Years
May 1, 2009
Mason WV
I started using these around a year ago. I use them for the heat tape on my water line, I have one on a small chest freezer I converted to a refrigerator, & I use one on a home made incubator. I'm not selling these but I think highly of the seller. He is replacing one of mine that I bought a year ago. You can find them at this address on eBay.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271478768535&alt=web

Temperature is very accurate & reads in both F & C. They are easy to setup.

This one does both heating & cooling with a alarm & an extra switch on alarm so you could hook up a backup heating or cooling device. They also sale single switch units that are half the price.

I get the duel purpose ones so I can repurpose as needed.

Last edited:
I got my replacement unit a few days ago & it is working as it should. I also ordered two more of the $13 single switch ones to convert my old incubators with rheostats to digital control & a third one to hook up a heated water supply for winter.

I looked at those but they are for 12v & I need them for 120v. They also need a enclosure. There are still some for a couple bucks cheaper but this seller is top notch & it's worth the $2 for the service to me.

Last edited:
I looked at those but they are for 12v & I need them for 120v. They also need a enclosure. There are still some for a couple bucks cheaper but this seller is top notch & it's worth the $2 for the service to me.
they just need 12V supply. they control 15amps DC or AC doesn't matter. they are also more accurate with a control range of .1 C

Last edited:
That one won't work ether. The AC side has to be insulated form the DC side. That is all one board & no insulator. Also there is no encloser & it is going to take up another plug on your wall if you by an adaptor to convert to 12v DC.

Your welcome to start your own fire any way you won't tho. You may wasn't to count the watts your wasting to drop the voltage & convert it to DC. It may not take long to pay the few extra dollars.

I don't remember which one I linked. If it is the 3 switch one that was around $25 or the $13 one. I manly have the 3 switch ones.

I can't speak for the one you link but the one I linked can be set to keep the unit within .1°F & you won't find another water thermostat in one of my units. They suck for hatching. Water thermostats kill birds.

Start a fire??? I've never had to insulate them, I also have the one you linked on my kegerator and it works fine too, but Water heater is out preforming all of them so far, 50 eggs in and fertile are still alive only 6 days to go. only have .5 F swing, eggs are holding temp. But it could be my incubator design, have a 110CFM fan in a less than 2 CF box :) sounds like a jet in my living room (not really, it's rather peaceful.)

The circuit board that you linked isn't isolated. The AC has to be isolated from the DC.

Anyhow the one you linked is the wrong item & a water heater thermostat isn't going to out preform the digital. At least the one I linked. Maybe really crappy ones but I've never messed with any that bad.

Back
Top Bottom