Terrible, awful day. Almost all of my chickens dead. ***Update***

Oh my God. I am so so so sorry this happened. I name mine too.... I just can't imagine what you are going through..... The thing that really made me sad was the little hen now being by her lonesome self.
sad.png
Again, I'm so sorry, and I hope you find out what caused this horrible incident.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Hi - Sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

I subscribed to this topic because I had a similar situation - 15 dead chickens spread all over. All except 2 had absolutely no signs of any injury. None. The 2 with inury had their heads eaten. I think this was after they were dead. I never did figure out what happened. I posted on here, too, asking if chickens could keel over from fright. That's what it seemed like. I even found a dead one (w/o injuries) in an old dog house we had.

I recently asked an old man who has lived in the area his entire life what he thought, and he said weasels suck the blood out without obvious signs of injury. I have NEVER seen a weasel here, but he said there are.

I guess we will never really know what happened.

God, I am so sorry for your loss. The A&M guy sounds like a real butthead! There HAS to a way to test that feed more cheaply. have you contacted the feed manufacturer themselves?

Back in my vet tech days we had a guy bring in a one gallon ziploc full of dead Gouldian finches. (To anyone who doesn't know about gouldian finches, they sell for about $120.00 EACH, and that's the normal color varieties) The feed manufacturer paid for testing after being contacted by us (the vet clinic). It was indeed their feed, salmonella contamination.

What a jerk that guy from A&M was! He sure didn't let the facts and reason keep him from spouting off nonsense to keep his lazy butt from having to actually do some work to find out what happened to your "just chickens"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
somad.gif
The feed should be tested so more livestock doesn't die from it.

I know we can't really help by telling you how sorry we are, but at least we understand that to us a chicken is more than "just a chicken." I am sorry and sad for your loss.

I am so sorry for you guys!! That is just devastating and I hope you can find some reason for it so you can prevent it from happening again. Give hugs and kisses to the other babies.
hugs.gif

Maybe you could contact the feed company and they will test or pay for testing like that other poster said. If it is the feed, they will need to recall it and would probably want to know so they can avoid lawsuits, etc.

Back
Top Bottom