nancypo

Crowing
13 Years
14 Years
Mar 26, 2010
Boise
My Coop
My Coop
I have tetroxy hca280 soluble powder. I'm trying to figure out how to do a small dose for my one sick chicken. I believe before I read for an adult chicken it is 1/4 tsp to 1 gallon of water? The directions are for large doses using portions of the pack. Any help with the math would be appreciated? I only want to mix up a small amount so it's going to do a couple of cups of liquid. Thanks

The maximum 800,000 unit dosage was calculated by @casportpony as 3/4 tsp per gallon of water.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/oxytetracyline-and-tetracycline-powder-doses.1022878/
I would use about 1/4 tsp for a quart or 1/2 of that for a pint. As you would imagine, it is a tiny amount. If you have a gram scale, you could try weighing it, but since these type of antibiotics in water depend on how much they are taking, it probably doesn’t have to be exact.
Great thanks I just wanted to check! Will try mixing some with some yogurt this evening and giving her some

And would you suggest giving her a small amount in a syringe with yogurt or something three times a day or twice a day or? For a week? Two weeks?

Usually it is given in the water as they drink freely for 7 days up to 14 days. If she is not drinking normally, then try to give it to her throughout the whole day while she is awake, in water or food.

Yeah she's inside right now inside of a double laundry basket nice and clean and warm and dry. We'll see how she looks tomorrow but she's looking better already her color is better and she seems pretty alert and is eating and drinking

Back
Top Bottom