Texas BYC Cafe

Might be, I'll have to look closer. Some of them do have scab looking areas on thee comb, one or two but not a lot. Still not sure what the white stuff in on my roosters comb.
1f615.png

The Chicken Chick is promoting a new bedding for coops that sounds pretty good. I'm sharing this link though for the neat idea for a brooder feeder towards the end of the article. Two birds with one stone sort of. How out of place is that saying in a chicken thread?!

This is a cute chicken coop. Don't think it would be very practical though.
Very cute, but I never see roosts in his coops! lol
I contacted him awhile back, a few times, and I could never get a hold of him :/

@A1momof3 , put some coconut oil on them!
Couldn't hurt.... I put it on one of my Orp's ear lobe when she got a bad peck would and it healed great. If it is fowl pox, I believe it's just one of those things that has to run its course anyway.
The paleness could be the heat

The Chicken Chick is promoting a new bedding for coops that sounds pretty good. I'm sharing this link though for the neat idea for a brooder feeder towards the end of the article. Two birds with one stone sort of. How out of place is that saying in a chicken thread?!

This is a cute chicken coop. Don't think it would be very practical though.
They have it at D&L!
One bag...19.99...lol
Seems a little pricey? It was smaller than the bag of feed lol

Almost got chicks too...they had these teeny little light yellow ones with silverish looking fuzz on the wings.
I can't figure out what they are!
Anyway, I didn't get them, but I got some chick starter for the babies coming. I feel like I'm more organized this time. Got a new feeder and waterer, got their feed, they now have a pretty sizeable (for chicks) pen for when they're feathered enough for outside time.
wee.gif

They have it at D&L!
One bag...19.99...lol
Seems a little pricey? It was smaller than the bag of feed lol

Almost got chicks too...they had these teeny little light yellow ones with silverish looking fuzz on the wings.
I can't figure out what they are!
Anyway, I didn't get them, but I got some chick starter for the babies coming. I feel like I'm more organized this time. Got a new feeder and waterer, got their feed, they now have a pretty sizeable (for chicks) pen for when they're feathered enough for outside time.
wee.gif
I wonder if they could be Delawares.... Going to look. Online.

That is a bit pricey. Hmmmmm..... Maybe just for the brooder then.

edit: whew! Delawares are solid yellow. I got lucky. I would have been up there otherwise.....

Last edited:
I wonder if they could be Delawares.... Going to look. Online.

That is a bit pricey. Hmmmmm..... Maybe just for the brooder then.

edit: whew! Delawares are solid yellow. I got lucky. I would have been up there otherwise.....
Yeah I looked those up lol

I still don't know for sure, but I convinced myself it was a White Rock....So I wouldn't "need" any lol

This is a super simple but good coop. Maybe I will do a variation of this for my chicks. Yes those are fake chickens....

I think it needs to be taller though for easier cleaning. I'd put in bigger windows (I have them already) for more airflow in the summer.

I have too many coop ideas running around my head! There is something to be said for simple though....

This is a super simple but good coop. Maybe I will do a variation of this for my chicks. Yes those are fake chickens....

I think it needs to be taller though for easier cleaning. I'd put in bigger windows (I have them already) for more airflow in the summer.

I have too many coop ideas running around my head! There is something to be said for simple though....
K.I.S.S., right?
wink.png

It's my advice to myself lol

You are right, Leghorns are all yellow.

Maybe buff brahmas?
Buff Brahma's are darker chicks....
Seriously..this happens every time. I have this violent, internal struggle on whether or not I should go pick up 2, just to satisfy my curiosity...
What if they turn out to be a really neat breed?
If I knew where they came from I could narrow it down...

Or if I could remember their legs

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom