Nomibear

Songster
7 Years
May 23, 2012
Pleasanton Tx
My Coop
My Coop
Tx is Big!
I was looking for a thread where those who live within driving distance could work together to make our flocks better. Maybe that will just be tips that work for you. Maybe it will be getting new birds, or chicks. Maybe it means getting eggs that don't have to be shipped.
Whatever it is, I hope you'll stop by this thread if You live in the SA area!
~Naomi

Are you aware of this thread.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/44/texas and this one
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/877040/texas-byc-cafe
Just thought I would pass it along
idunno.gif

I do follow the first Tx thread. I hadn't looked at the 2nd yet.
Something I see often in the first Tx thread is people reaching out from east Tx, or west Tx. This is Good because, sometimes they can still help each other out from a distance. Maybe their mom passes through there once a month, and can pick up an extra Roo that would fit in great for Jane's flock.
What I hope could happen is that those surrounding the SA area would be able to contact each other quickly, and Know that those who are following this thread are close enough to make an impact. Or have knowledge about the area and how it relates to chicken care for someone new to chickens. What about chicken activities or shows in This area?
I'm not likely to pick up chicks or a spare Roo from someone in El Paso, but if someone in my area has something extra that I would like in my flock...

Last edited:
Hello! I recently moved from the North Star Mall area to the south side. I currently have 4 Rhode Island Reds, 15 Coturnix Quail, two adult rabbits and 8 baby rabbits. It was easy getting away with what I called "Inner City Farms" on the North Side with retired neighbors always looking out their windows. My old fashioned secret, keeping everything really really tidy. Always cleaning and composing and for those who knew I had chickens were paid off with free chicken eggs!! Haha
1f609.png

It's nice to have animals that provide the bribe!

I have a free ranging flock mostly. About 22 girls. My oldest girls Are almost 3. Black Australorps, buff leghorn, California white leghorn, Cockoo Maren, and EE. All my original stock came from Ideal.

I have 3 Roo's that will prob be headed to the pot. An EE Roo. His two sons, EE over Black Australorp, and EE over buff leghorn.

I am wanting to hatch in the Easter Hatch-a-long. I would love to hatch some now stock for my flock.
Does anyone in the SA area have hatching eggs of pure,
Isbar
Black Australorp
Jubilee Orp
Buff Leghorn
Gold laced Wyandotte
Sebrights
And a few Silkies for my niece

I am wanting to hatch in the Easter Hatch-a-long. I would love to hatch some now stock for my flock.
Does anyone in the SA area have hatching eggs of pure,
Isbar
Black Australorp
Jubilee Orp
Buff Leghorn
Gold laced Wyandotte
Sebrights
And a few Silkies for my niece
There is a hatchery in Lytle, TX that I go to alot. If you look up San Antonio Chicken and rabbits on Google, that's them. The phone number is 2108274686. They have everything, they're reputable and i know they sell fertile eggs. They are a family owned business and are open 7 days a week, give them a call. If you go on Craigslist you'll notice a guy from San Antonio listing a few quail and layer chicken ads. That guy is on Frio road and he is loaded with all kind of poultry... His prices are ridiculous, the lowest I've seen so far. He is a nice guy, been in business for 7 years, his name Obdul. Now Obdul doesn't sell eggs, but he does have all kinds of chicks, ducks, quail and feed. Hope this helps.

There is a hatchery in Lytle, TX that I go to alot. If you look up San Antonio Chicken and rabbits on Google, that's them. The phone number is 2108274686. They have everything, they're reputable and i know they sell fertile eggs. They are a family owned business and are open 7 days a week, give them a call. If you go on Craigslist you'll notice a guy from San Antonio listing a few quail and layer chicken ads. That guy is on Frio road and he is loaded with all kind of poultry... His prices are ridiculous, the lowest I've seen so far. He is a nice guy, been in business for 7 years, his name Obdul. Now Obdul doesn't sell eggs, but he does have all kinds of chicks, ducks, quail and feed. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I believe I found him on Facebook, and am already talking with him about some options.

Hello, I have been rasing chickens for about 5 years now and by no means an expert. I live closer to pleasonton than san antonio, if I can be of any help, don't hesitate to pm. I dont breed to sell but sometimes i have extras. Right now I have blue and black marans, blue ameracuana, lavender orpingtons, cornation sussex, going to add to my flock this year just havent decided what.

John Salazar

Back
Top Bottom