Texas

Does anyone want a pair of German Shepherd mix puppies? They're going to have to go to the shelter. You'll need a TALL fence and strong gate to keep Jack in. Super sweet and smart dogs, we just have to many. I was going to foster them until they found a home, but, my neighbor informed me Jack is jumping the gate and chasing cars. He's also chasing cattle. No bueno around here. Quick way to be shot and never seen again....

Great guardians. House and leash broke. Will go anywhere with you. PM if you know of anyone.

-----

On a side note. We've downsized the flocks. Big time. More than half, I'd say. Having trouble keeping up with busy work schedules and shows. Knocked most breeds to trios or quads. Still have 20 guineas and a bajillion quail tough.

David? Rooster? Ken? Where are my guys at!

@hensfortherapy, how are you doing? Getting things under

Starfire? I feel like everyone of the oldies are missing! LOL!

Hello all newcomers from Trinity!

Hey there. I am doing good.
I wish I could take the pair of dogs. I really want a GSD puppy. But I have no business getting a dog much less two. I hope you find them a good home.

Taking a break from grinding milo. Started to transition the flock over to the custom blend of feed last night. Some are loving it, the others will hopefully start devouring it too. Most of the components are fine ground, and they don't like the powder. May have to start feeding it as a wet mash. Will let y'all know how it goes.

More of my pullets have started to lay, although the eggs are cracking easily. I know that the feed I was feeding had a problem with either being calcium deficient or the calcium not being readily absorbed. Will pick up some mealworms to treat with calcium and feed to them.

Anyone raising mealworms? I have looked up some info on farming them, still debating on whether I want to take that plunge.

Well I need to get back on task. Want to be able to blend another 25 lb batch of the grower feed and a 25 lb batch of layer tonight. I have about another 10 lbs of milo to grind in order to accomplish that.

Taking a break from grinding milo. Started to transition the flock over to the custom blend of feed last night. Some are loving it, the others will hopefully start devouring it too. Most of the components are fine ground, and they don't like the powder. May have to start feeding it as a wet mash. Will let y'all know how it goes.

More of my pullets have started to lay, although the eggs are cracking easily. I know that the feed I was feeding had a problem with either being calcium deficient or the calcium not being readily absorbed. Will pick up some mealworms to treat with calcium and feed to them.

Anyone raising mealworms? I have looked up some info on farming them, still debating on whether I want to take that plunge.

Well I need to get back on task. Want to be able to blend another 25 lb batch of the grower feed and a 25 lb batch of layer tonight. I have about another 10 lbs of milo to grind in order to accomplish that.
Put in some oyster shell and that should solve the calcium problem.

Ok, so I'm in a delima. Would anyone want my blue Andalusian mixed hen? She is on antibiotics due to bumble foot. Her feet aren't looking too good an may need to go back in. We don't have the money nor any experiance with this. Does anyone with experiance like to take her? I'm in Austin

Ok, so I'm in a delima. Would anyone want my blue Andalusian mixed hen? She is on antibiotics due to bumble foot. Her feet aren't looking too good an may need to go back in. We don't have the money nor any experiance with this. Does anyone with experiance like to take her? I'm in Austin

You can watch a youtube of bumble foot surgery. Just need to get a pointed scalpel blade from a vet supply store. Also need guaze pads, vet wrap and your choice of Vetricyn or antibiotic.
Or, do you have any chicken friends who would be willing to help do the surgery if you are squeamish?
Wish you the best!

You can watch a youtube of bumble foot surgery.  Just need to get a pointed scalpel blade from a vet supply store.  Also need guaze pads, vet wrap and your choice of Vetricyn or antibiotic. 
Or, do you have any chicken friends who would be willing to help do the surgery if you are squeamish? 
Wish you the best!

She's already had surgery but her feet look nasty again as if getting it again. Even the nurse said it's not looking too lovely. We just don't have any more money for the vet. She deserves a chance. I hatched her and raised her. We tried doing it on our own first time and it wasn't working too well. She needs someone who can take care of her who knows what their doing.

Last edited:
She's already had surgery but her feet look nasty again as if getting it again. Even the nurse said it's not looking too lovely. We just don't have any more money for the vet. She deserves a chance. I hatched her and raised her. We tried doing it on our own first time and it wasn't working too well. She needs someone who can take care of her who knows what their doing.

Awww! Sometimes you do have to keep pressing out the infection. I hope you can find someone to take over then!!!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom