Texas

Hi! Made a stop in this thread some months back when I first joined BYC and got lost somewhere along the way. Anyway, I found my way back this morning and wanted to say hello...again.

I'm raising Black Copper and Blue Copper Marans along with some Ameraucanas and Barred Rocks. I've just finished making an incubator and will set some eggs for my first hatching experience in a day or two. Between the chickens and my cattle I tend to stay somewhat busy in my retired years.

I am looking for a black Ameraucana rooster if anyone runs across one. I'll try and not get lost this time.

Hi! Made a stop in this thread some months back when I first joined BYC and got lost somewhere along the way. Anyway, I found my way back this morning and wanted to say hello...again.
I'm raising Black Copper and Blue Copper Marans along with some Ameraucanas and Barred Rocks. I've just finished making an incubator and will set some eggs for my first hatching experience in a day or two. Between the chickens and my cattle I tend to stay somewhat busy in my retired years.
I am looking for a black Ameraucana rooster if anyone runs across one. I'll try and not get lost this time.

Welcome back slick....be sure you click on "subscribe" at the bottom of the page and you'll automatically be notified of any up dates for the 'Texas Thread'.
ANNNDDD Welcome to the hatching world!! I started hatching about 2 years ago and got hooked!!! No more TSC or local feed store chicks for me!!! (Around here all the feed store chicks come from Ideal Poultry [Cameron,TX]...although they are usually healthy chicks....it's so much more fun to hatch for yourself.)
Plus, by ordering hatching eggs from BYC breeders I have been able to raise breeds that aren't available locally.
Best of luck with your 1st experience of incubating.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
I think he should too. He might not want to admit it... but I think hes falling in love with the chicks. He was away from home for two days this week and called back... not to check on me... to ask how the dog and chicks were doing ;) First thing back home after getting the dog to quiet down he went to the back bedroom to see how the chicks were.

I was waiting outside Tractor Supply at 7:45 this morning because I was told that they would have chicks in today morning... well... nope. No chickens. darn it. I really want to get some bantams to replace what I lost in shipping. I will go back at noon and hope for the best. I have a dream of putting up a coup like this just for bantams: (hubby and I have no carpentry skills so we would have to hire someone to build it...anyone in the dallas area this good?!)

Found on this site here:  http://onetreephotography.com/jpthome/trevorsprojects/?p=94

Amy,

If you haven't found anyone to build what you want I can recommend a guy that can build whatever you design. He lives in the area and does these kinds of side jobs with reasonable hourly rates.

Thanks for the welcome!

Last edited:
Sorry it's been a few days, Texans, but I may not be as active over the next few weeks as I'd like to be with all of the family drama happening. Going to make another trip to Houston sometime in the next few days to get the rest of my 'new' stock from my uncle.

Sorry it's been a few days, Texans, but I may not be as active over the next few weeks as I'd like to be with all of the family drama happening. Going to make another trip to Houston sometime in the next few days to get the rest of my 'new' stock from my uncle.

No worries - we all know how it is. Can't be human without having your life play out like a soap opera on occasion.

Hope your trip to get more stock is good. I got stuck in a ton of road construction last week going down to San Marcos area to pick up our chicks at the breeder's - took me literally all day to get there and back. Yuck!

Last week when I made the first trip, traffic was terrible. Took almost three hours on an hour and a half trip! We left later in the day, so we hit evening traffic. But the drive home was quick and efficient. I just hope the 'construction' on 45 doesn't kill us on the next go round!

Also, I regret to inform everyone that the little rescue chick got mauled by one of the hunting dogs yesterday. It was a freak accident, but he was doing so good. If all Plymouth Rocks are as friendly as this little guy was I may end up getting some... Probably ( definitely ) not anytime soon, but one day.

Back
Top Bottom