Texas

The show was FUN today guys! Did anyone else go? We met some super nice people there and some from BYC! I won a great book that I wanted in the silent auction that is in mint condition written by the great Fred Jeffrey on genetics! If you love Bantams there were TONS of them and they had LOTS in the silent auction!

Yes the show was held in College Station at Texas A&M University. We live 15 miles east of there. My son attends college there.

we used to live closer than we are now.... we all miss killeen/cove! cant wait to move back there! where the ppl know what respect means! lol
My husband grew up in Killeen, Tx. That place looks like a BIG city now. I prefer the country where there are no rules on what I can build or own.

My husband grew up in Killeen, Tx. That place looks like a BIG city now. I prefer the country where there are no rules on what I can build or own.
yea the military took that town over! i hated having to go into town to go to the heb.... i like copperas cove better! and kempner! may wind up lookin into buyin there again!

yea the military took that town over! i hated having to go into town to go to the heb.... i like copperas cove better! and kempner! may wind up lookin into buyin there again!
Lol.. i lived in Austin, Buda and Leander back in the early 80's.. left for a few years and when I came back I didn't recognize the place (my little dirt road in Buda is long gone!).
Killeen, Copperas Cove, Kempner and Lampasas are "local" for me now.. i wouldn't call Killeen a BIG city at all.. still a small town compared to how much Austin has changed.

Cove is doing the most growing right now. A new HEB super store going in on the east end of 190.. plus from what I heard the other day they are also putting a big apartment complex in the same area to try to attract more businesses to that shopping plaza. Plus the bypass going in... someday Cove MIGHT be as big as it was 20 years ago!

I'm happy to be living out in cow country though.. less people.. more critters....

Back
Top Bottom