Texas

Dont think you can tell much from this pic..

I looked it up neither do the Delaware, the Sussex have dark legs, brahmas are big with feathered legs and feet on the outer side

Feet on the outerside? What you mean?

Eta unless u mean feathers along the outer side of the legs and feet...sorry had to reread that a few times

Last edited:
Yup super blue egg layer. You cross a high production bird, ie leghorn and a tinted layer roo. Can get lots a big colorful eggs from them!

Our Leghorn in our Cream Legbar Pens laid 317 eggs in her first year.

How many eggs do these Hybrid blue eggers lay? In the UK blue egg hybrids have gained a lot of popularity over the past decade. Hatcheries have names their secret crosses Cotswold Legbars, Skylines, Fenton Blues, Fenton Reds, Columbines, etc. I figured Blue Bonnets would be a good name for of Texas Hybrid with a top knot that lays blue eggs.
smile.png
I am still working on the foundation breed though. It will likely take me another 5-6 years to get it where I want it. In the 1960's Cream Legbar flocks were reported to lay 260 egg/hen pen averages. Mine are only at about 180 egg average right now so I have my work cut out for me.

Quote:
I think SBEL stands for "super blue egg layer" wish i knew you had eggs i was through Marble falls last weekend! With the heat right now i dont have eggs shipped to me, I never have good hatches when its this hot i think they start to incubate while at the post office then the developing embryo dies during transport because the temp isn't consistent. I'll have to shoot you a pm if/when I go through Marble Falls again and maybe I can get some eggs from you :) I have tried to hatch one batch of shipped egg for Legbars but none survived the shipping :(
Sure, any time you are coming through town let me know. We DID send some egg this month to my brother. That was a special occasion though. We don't normally ship egg in the summer, but did hand carry a dozen to Oklahoma last July and they had 11 out of 12 cream Legbars hatch, so we know that hatches are possible even in 100+ deg weather.

Can anyone explain the differences between a lt brahma, a delaware, and a lt sussex? I see pic and even own a lt brahma and still cant tell them apart

did a quick online search because I don't know either :) They all seem to have what is called the Columbian pattern but Brahmas have the crazy bell bottoms,Delawares have have yellow legs and Sussex have white legs. And I think they all have slightly different body shapes?

Our Leghorn in our Cream Legbar Pens laid 317 eggs in her first year.

How many eggs do these Hybrid blue eggers lay? In the UK blue egg hybrids have gained a lot of popularity over the past decade. Hatcheries have names their secret crosses Cotswold Legbars, Skylines, Fenton Blues, Fenton Reds, Columbines, etc. I figured Blue Bonnets would be a good name for of Texas Hybrid with a top knot that lays blue eggs.
smile.png
I am still working on the foundation breed though. It will likely take me another 5-6 years to get it where I want it. In the 1960's Cream Legbar flocks were reported to lay 260 egg/hen pen averages. Mine are only at about 180 egg average right now so I have my work cut out for me.

Quote:
Sure, any time you are coming through town let me know. We DID send some egg this month to my brother. That was a special occasion though. We don't normally ship egg in the summer, but did hand carry a dozen to Oklahoma last July and they had 11 out of 12 cream Legbars hatch, so we know that hatches are possible even in 100+ deg weather.

i will definitely get in touch when i head that way again i love the blue eggs! :) and the top knot just makes me laugh

Back
Top Bottom