Texas

Ok, by a show of hands, Who all, besides me is sick and tired of raking Feathers? I never cease to be amazed at how many feathers a chicken has when they are molting or I am plucking. Right now it looks like I am raising half naked aliens! Sigh ;8-{

yep - looks like a feather pillow fight around here

I just let mine blow away.
yesss.gif

Ok, by a show of hands, Who all, besides me is sick and tired of raking Feathers? I never cease to be amazed at how many feathers a chicken has when they are molting or I am plucking. Right now it looks like I am raising half naked aliens! Sigh ;8-{

Feathers everywhere! It is nerve wracking to come home and find a pile of feathers. You start counting to make sure everyone is still around!!

RachaelS, I call my BRs '4 Musketeers'!!

Lisa :)

Feathers everywhere! It is nerve wracking to come home and find a pile of feathers. You start counting to make sure everyone is still around!!

RachaelS, I call my BRs '4 Musketeers'!!

Lisa :)
LOL!!! You guys have no idea how much I miss feathers everywhere
lau.gif
Some day soon I will rejoin the insanity

So I had to kick a rooster last night!  No, he was not hurt and no I did not enjoy it.  Normally, I just open the pen and walk off fast, so they will range without trying to follow me.  Well I was letting out the Three Musketeers as I always do, went to walk away and the dominate boy, ran around in front of me and pecked my foot HARD.  I mean draw blood hard and I was wearing flip flops.  I recognized his behavior immediately.

It was very similar to a rooster trying to round up his hens by pecking them on the head to get them in line.  So it was not aggression, but it was dominance, so first I did the "lift kick" action, sending him back, then chased him back into the coop.  Will see how it goes tonight.  I can not have him thinking either myself or my daughter are his girls.  That can get dangerous very quick. 

I really either need to find them another home, or get some girls for them.

Wait until he flogs you :barnie I have a bantam that just keeps getting worse, I had to knock him silly the other day, he's a little bit wary now but still tries to spur me if I'm not careful :rant

Just thought I'd share a video! This is one I got of the bats that have been living on my patio. I'm pretty excited that I got to see them, but then it started raining again and they all snuck back into their little nook. The babies are so small! Like little mice! It's adorable!
love.gif

0.jpg

So the other day we had a discussion about high school football. And while I see both sides of the stories, high school sports are important IMO for various reasons. And tonight while at our game they proved it again.

It is not uncommon for a team to pray together in the field house. But tonight the El Paso team players prayed on knee on the field. And I think it is fabulous. And a wonderful show of faith and sportsmanship. But it was disappointing that their band didn't make the trip :(

Back
Top Bottom