Texas

wee.gif
YIPPEE!!!! You are in for a very fun day!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE GUY!

Lisa :)

I know! He said he hoped the babies would come; that they would be his present. My sweet baby boy.
love.gif

We have gotten lots of rain!!! I love it! Our little pond was almost dry and we had cracks so deep in our yard it is crazy! I will have to see how much water is in the feed buckets later to see exactly how much it has rained, but it started last night and is still going now.

Manda - so glad your babies arrived safely!! Can't wait to see pics!

I love all you guys!
hugs.gif
Italia, Revolution is a show that comes on NBC. The premise is that 10 years after an EMP caused by the US government knocked out all power, a group of people are trying to get the power back on. I think you might like it.

The Post Office called at 7am, and my babies are HERE! Post office opens at 8am, I will pick them up and the drop off my little man's cupcakes at school. He is 7 today!
I also watch Revolution, pretty cheesy acting, but entertaining

wee.gif
On the babies!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for pics!

Here is something I think is just crazy funny. It is finally raining here pretty decently when I walked into work. Now the funny part is I have to walk past an AT&T store on my 2 block hike to where I work, people are lined up in the rain to get the new IPhone. I love my IPhone but standing in the rain to get a new one is just something I am not willing to.

On the flip side, I would stand in the rain to watch horses or get chickens, so I guess we all have our "crazy"
lau.gif

Quote: I get what you are saying
big_smile.png
I guess my point, which I don't think I made very well, is that no matter what the opportunities one has or does not have, it is the character of the person that guides the outcome. I personally don't feel like I was at a disadvantage because I grew up poor and I don't want others to think that of me either. My life was rich with family, caring parents and playing outside. Would not change it for the world
celebrate.gif

What a fascinating story!  He wasn't a Yanomami was he?

Jungleexplorer, this is not what I am talking about at all, far from it.  This is a completely different thing.  In fact, I will wager that the stone age society is composed of far more intelligent individuals, on average, than the current American society.  This isn't my hypothesis, by the way.

There is a dumbing down of humanity when it doesn't have to think hard about surviving.  Survival in a stone age society is pretty tough.  The more intelligent individuals will spend a lot of time thinking of how to make their survival easier and safer, watching and observing and noting patterns--that kind of a lifestyle favors intelligence.  There are no safety nets for those who can't think or won't do unless the tribe is fairly well off.  Those with the better problem-solving abilities will succeed and will be more likely to survive while individuals with poor problem-solving capabilities will have a much harder time of it and will tend not to reproduce as much.

There are something like 27 different words to describe snow in the Innuit language--that's a pretty rich language.  We, on the other hand, are reducing our English language so it will become meaningless very soon and many people won't even notice.  For example, there is a difference between the meaning of the words further and farther but I don't think many even know that.

I really shouldn't  go here.  I would have to do some research to get the facts right rather than remembering some report or paper I've read.  I would need to cite the proper sources and I'm not going to.

I would love to hear more about our wife's transition from living in a stone age society to living in Texas.  She must be an incredible woman.  And very, very brave.  She has my admiration.

writting this on my phone so expect a lot of typos.

Fascinating story! You don't know a fraction of it. No he is not Yanomami.

We agree on three things.

1. Most Americans are almost completely inept and devoid of any practical real world survival skill and are totally codependent on the safety net of civilization for their survival.

2. American English is going to garbage as a result of the modern electronic age.

3. My wife is the most wonderful woman to ever walk this earth (I am but a pauper in the presents of a princess).

I still maintain that who we become is based on our choices, not on our birth condition. There are untold millions of examples of two people born in the exact same condition or family and one becomes a loser and the other a winner.

Last edited:
I know!  He said he hoped the babies would come; that they would be his present.  My sweet baby boy. :love  

Happy birthday to your boy, Mandy! Mine turned 7 last month - and I've realized that 7 is too old. The hooligan decided to try and SHAVE last night. He came out with a small cut under his lip and tried to blame it on the cat scratching him. When we went with him to the bathroom to get a bandaid, there was a dot of shaving cream in the sink. BUSTED!

Lots of rain here! I'm SO happy. I realized two days ago exactly how dry it's been. I was working outside and noticed that my yard is COVERED in goat turds. I only have 5 goats and I have a HUGE yard, but there is no moisture in the air to help break them down so it's all accumulating. Gross!!! I ought to have the best fertilized yard in the whole state...

I love all you guys!  :hugs  Italia, Revolution is a show that comes on NBC.  The premise is that 10 years after an EMP caused by the US government knocked out all power, a group of people are trying to get the power back on.  I think you might like it.

The Post Office called at 7am, and my babies are HERE!  Post office opens at 8am, I will pick them up and the drop off my little man's cupcakes at school.  He is 7 today!

Wooohooo new babies and your young man turning 7! It's like getting a birthday present for you and him!!!!

Here is something I think is just crazy funny. It is finally raining here pretty decently when I walked into work. Now the funny part is I have to walk past an AT&T store on my 2 block hike to where I work, people are lined up in the rain to get the new IPhone. I love my IPhone but standing in the rain to get a new one is just something I am not willing to.

On the flip side, I would stand in the rain to watch horses or get chickens, so I guess we all have our "crazy"
lau.gif

I would stand in the rain for chickens or horses too. Not a phone. For just about any farm animal? Heck yeah!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom