Texas

What do you mean? Texas summers last all year!
gig.gif

After 14 years in Illinois, it took me 10 years in Texas to thaw out. Texas winter summers are just fine.

After 14 years in Illinois, it took me 10 years in Texas to thaw out. Texas winter summers are just fine.

That is where I'm originally from...eastern Illinois. We used to have snow drifts up to the roof and I've seen photos of snow in May.

My family moved to Tx in 1978 when I was 15.

I miss the change of seasons, especially Fall...and even the snow.

If I ever move from this wonderful state it will be some place tropical. Illinois? Brrrrrr.......
A good friend of mine from Main asked one day how many years you have to live in Texas to get used to the heat. I laughed pretty hard and replied that I have lived in Texas my whole life and hot is hot. You never get used to 100 degrees for months at a time.

That is where I'm originally from...eastern Illinois. We used to have snow drifts up to the roof and I've seen photos of snow in May.

My family moved to Tx in 1978 when I was 15.

I miss the change of seasons, especially Fall...and even the snow.

We lived in Jacksonville, Illinois, about 30 miles or so west of Springfield. Whenever I miss the autumn leaves or winter snow I just go visit one of my kids in Illinois, Wisconsin or western New York.

If I ever move from this wonderful state it will be some place tropical. Illinois? Brrrrrr.......
A good friend of mine from Main asked one day how many years you have to live in Texas to get used to the heat. I laughed pretty hard and replied that I have lived in Texas my whole life and hot is hot. You never get used to 100 degrees for months at a time.
lau.gif
Yep, I agree 100%, hot is hot! I have also lived here all my life. I HATE the summers, I actually like them less and less each year.

Mandy - You know that if you breed your Jersey Giants to your New Hampshire Reds, you'll end up with a Giant Red Nor'easter! :D

Back
Top Bottom