Texas

Sunny and humid here at San Marcos
sad.png
This morning I checked the 10 day forcast and 3 forecasts were placed next to each other. Once said 70% rain, the other said 0%. Apparantly that someone forgot to type a number before the zero.
celebrate.gif
SHHHH, I am getting a small shower!!!

I believe many people vote for the candidate that would be the mostly likely to issue FREE smart phones...just sayin
thumbsup.gif

Lisa :)

This afternoon, I reached under a hen to pick up eggs. I didn't realize she was in the process of laying an egg. My (dirty) hand touched something wet. The egg was produced a minute later. Did I just touch the egg? Did I introduce bacteria into her reproductive tract? I'm really ticked off with myself for not being more careful.

http://www.bluebonnetclassic.com/

The Bluebonnet Classic Poultry Show is held the first Saturday of the year in College Station in what we consider the best show barn in Texas. The show has become one of the largest poultry shows in Texas. We have an Open Show, Junior Show, Backyard Show, Pigeon Show, and Gamecock Show. We also have the finest raffle and silent auction in the region.

Breeder Class Invitational Requirements

• Non-Member Entries
    The BVPC allows members and non-members to enter the Egg Show. An egg class sponsored by a participating club must have at least three entrants and must also allow entries by non-members. Non-members need to comply with the participating club's rules to be eligible for club prizes.

• Early Registration
    Each participating club must submit an early registration summary by The Egg Show's entry deadline, December 31, 2013. The space allowed for each breed class will be based on numbers submitted by 12.31.13. The Egg Show will establish the layout for tables and all egg class displays. Mailed entries should be sent to the respective club's Egg Chair. All mailed entries must arrive at the show unopened.

• Onsite Registration
    "Breeder Class Invitational" registration is from 8:30 - 9:00am. Participating clubs are responsible for registering their mailed and onsite entries during this time. All entries must be opened onsite and placed in exhibit boxes at the registration table by 9 am. Any eggs left in packaging will not be placed by The Egg Show, and will be destroyed at the end of the show. A registration summary, including a list of all participants, contact information, totals, and fees, must be submitted no later than 9 am the day of the show.

• Late Entries
    Participating clubs will set their own entry deadlines, and will receive and process early, late and mailed entries through 9 am the day of the show. Any entries after 9am will be registered by The Egg Show, and assessed a $1 late fee, due to the BVPC. Late entries will be limited to space available, on a first come first serve basis, after all entries to The Egg Show are processed.

• Judging Coordination
    The Bluebonnet Egg Show Open classes will be judged first. The Egg Show Registrar will notify each participating club judge when they can begin judging. The Egg Show allows each breed club an unimpeded 30 minutes for judging. Clubs will use approved judging criteria, language, and definitions, and provide an approved judge and clerk for its class alone. The breed clubs will conduct their judging and awards in a way that does not interfere with The Egg Show process and judging.

• Points and Awards
    Points for Egg Show Grand Champions are awarded in Open classes only. Breed clubs will determine their own awards, based on approved club requirements. No additional ranking points are awarded for wins in breed classes.

• Breed Club Awards
    Breed clubs are welcome to display their ribbons and trophies on the main table of Egg Show prizes. If you need to coordinate your club's award process with The Egg Show awards, please notify the Egg Show Registrar prior to the show.

• Promote Junior Members
    The Brazos Valley Poultry Club encourages family and junior participation in its events. Breed clubs are encouraged to invite junior participation in the egg show, and feature a junior prize.

• Breed Club Information Booth
    Breed clubs are encouraged to set up a family friendly educational display about the breed and its eggs. Breed clubs are permitted to hang their club banners and promote their sponsors within their own club display area. The Egg Show encourages your donations of fertile hatching display eggs to the BVPC auction.

Thanks, I will mark it on the calendar. I have never been to anything like this, so it will be a new experience.
cool.png

This afternoon, I reached under a hen to pick up eggs. I didn't realize she was in the process of laying an egg. My (dirty) hand touched something wet. The egg was produced a minute later. Did I just touch the egg? Did I introduce bacteria into her reproductive tract? I'm really ticked off with myself for not being more careful.
If you are worried maybe feed her a glug of oregano oil or some garlic to be safe, but I imagine she will be fine.

my littlest dachshund is 6 and a half lbs....I had a mean 35yr old amazon parrot that was mostly perch bound, she mostly stayed on the playpen I top of her cage....don't know how the bird got to the floor for the dog to get hold of but she killed it!! when I found her I literally hit the floor!! I still have the dog but I still cry for that mean bird!!
sad.png
I, too, have parrots. The dogs have never bothered them, but the chickens were different--they were little and they fluttered. I think it was the fluttering that got them so interested to begin with.

I'm sorry about your Amazon. They can be quite the challenge, that's for sure, often mean but interesting at the same time. Older parrots are so much more interesting than young ones.

Hey, does anyone have any experience with filing AFLAC claims? I am trying to file for High grade cervical dysplasia, and everywhere I am reading drs consider that to be carcinoma in situ, which is supposed to be covered on our cancer rider. Anyone have experience with this? It has taken multiple surgeries which aren't all completed yet, and will pay out enough to cover all our out of pocket expenses so far. That would be a huge blessing! Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom