Texas

I can't thank you enough.
bow.gif
I am not doing anything that anybody else with a heart wouldn't do. This isn't me doing this, this is God's work. He leads, I follow!!

Yeah, the first time I saw my girls doing the dustbath thing, they were just like, laying there. I had to go see if they were OK!! Wait till you get to see them sunbathing, it will scare the he!! out of you!
Yes it will...they spread their wings and lay on the ground....I thought something was wrong for sure. I son't understand how the dustbath gets them clean because they are filthy when they first get up but then they shake, the dust flys and they look all clean.

Yeah, the first time I saw my girls doing the dustbath thing, they were just like, laying there. I had to go see if they were OK!! Wait till you get to see them sunbathing, it will scare the he!! out of you!

Earlier today Fred was sunbathing. She was kind of laying on her side, with her eyes closed & she was perfectly still...but she did react to the loud clicking sound I made, to see if she was okay, and I didn't have to walk over and disturb her. It was rather unnerving.
hmm.png

Lol, they do look like they have been shot when sunbathing they way they stretch out. And the geese too, they kick both legs out and look positively flat. The first couple times I saw it I ran over thinking they were dead. Now I'm like, oh OK. Lol

The scariest sunbathing I've seen is Fred laying on her side-ish, with her head down and eyes closed. Looking forward to witnessing other sunbathing positions.
thumbsup.gif

Yes it will...they spread their wings and lay on the ground....I thought something was wrong for sure. I son't understand how the dustbath gets them clean because they are filthy when they first get up but then they shake, the dust flys and they look all clean.

We have an area that we use to burn brush and wood scraps from my shop. Haven't used it in a while, so all my birds go over to it to do the dustbath thing. I will let them do their thing for a while, then call them. They come a runnin, and the dust trails that they have coming off of them are amazing. It is a site to see!!

What the dust bath does is tis, smothers parasites, plain and simple. Woodash, a slong as it is not cedar, is best for this.

Hi Texas chicken fans been away for awhile now wasn't feeling well and had some bk problems but am bk in the game again!!
I have my first white English Orpington chicks hatching right now!! Am so happy! And finally my silkies r up and laying again!!!

I also have two very nice breeding black silkie roos for sale!

The scariest sunbathing I've seen is Fred laying on her side-ish, with her head down and eyes closed.  Looking forward to witnessing other sunbathing positions.  :thumbsup

Kinda in their side, eyes closed, wings spread, neck stretched out, 1 foot tucked the other stretched out. This is the most common position mine sunbath position.

Back
Top Bottom