Texas

David, Tell the parents of your grandchild they did a good job. Can't have enough grandkids! I am going to Arkansas to see my youngest one next week! Haven't seen him since Thanksgiving!

When you stated "for the most part they are the same thing."

That is a false statement! That is like saying an apple and an orange for the most part are the same!

Google it and educate yourself to the difference because there is a difference!

I have hay (Bahia Grass) on my property and I also grow Cereal Rye and Oats as well. They are different!

Not trying to argue but if you answer someone who does not know the difference please give accurate information.

David
Key words "for the most part". no two types hays are alike thats why i put that in the post. and yeah they are for the most part alike they are both dryed grain heads and stalks and they are both used for bedding or for feed roughage get over it.

Last edited:
Thank You Ken!!!!!!

All Prayers are always accepted with open arms my Friend!!!
smile.png

David

Sorry took so long to get back. Had to put my girls up. They didn't want to, but when I threw some raisins in the coops, they didn't hesitate!! They will do just about anything for raisins!!

David,  Tell the parents of your grandchild they did a good job.  Can't have enough grandkids!  I am going to Arkansas to see my youngest one next week!  Haven't seen him since Thanksgiving!

Had to laugh at that Sourdough!! They have now given me two grandchildren, a girl and now a boy!
My daughter went through a fairly rough last two and a half months and she said this was it!! Be a cold day in hell before she would have a third!!! :)

David

ETA: you have a good trip and spoil that grandson rotten!!! ;)

Last edited:
Sorry you had to go thru that. I have done a lot of research on coops, as I build them as a side business. It is always better to see for yourself and in person, the quality and craftsmanship. Yes, you will pay a little more for a custom built coop, but it will last you a lot longer and your birds will be happier and healthier. Thanks for the info on this company, let's hope no one else goes thru the same thing!!

Was just cruising Craigslist. Found an ad that, more or less, says, We would rather our chickens run loose than use this POS coop I bought from the internet!! I have been watching this guy. his coops look great, but if you look close, they are a POS!! How he can sell them for what he does, I don't know. His price is $268.00 delivered. He spends some money o hardware, but not on the lumber used. That's how he makes his money. Beware, they won't last 6 months in Texas weather !

Well...got the chicken moat done on Monday. We opened the coop to let the girls out and they were having none of it. They finally came out and down to the first corner. Today they went all the way around the moat. (I'm sure my husband tilling the garden had something to do with that since they hadn't gone as far as halfway down the first side!) We had to give them a little help to find their way back around to the coop. They still roost in the floor instead of on the roosts. Guess they still need to grow some before they can reach them! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

I have a question. I have 8 hens, that are laying well. 4 live in one coop, 4 live in the other coop. 1 coop is 4ft x 4ft with a 60 sq. ft. run. The other coop is 6ft x 4ft with a 30 sq. ft run. I realize I have to add to this run. I want 4 more birds, to make an even dozen. The 8 birds free range together and seem to have a pecking order established. They get along well, whether cooped up together or free ranging. I want to introduce 4 new birds, but have both "flocks" accept them. Any suggestions??

Well...got the chicken moat done on Monday. We opened the coop to let the girls out and they were having none of it. They finally came out and down to the first corner. Today they went all the way around the moat. (I'm sure my husband tilling the garden had something to do with that since they hadn't gone as far as halfway down the first side!) We had to give them a little help to find their way back around to the coop. They still roost in the floor instead of on the roosts. Guess they still need to grow some before they can reach them! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Welcome From Cut-N-Shoot!!
welcome-byc.gif

Don't worry, they will get it!! May take a little bit of coaxing, but they will get it!!

Back
Top Bottom