Texas

Mine quit laying about 2-3 months ago and started up again last week. Not getting as many as before but they about 3 year old production hens
About 4 years of age ends the productive egg cycle I thought. Commercial layers aren't usually in service after 2, but they are demanding volume.

I don't like having to replace birds so often as the new commercial layers have to be replaced. All the feed and supplements and time to only get 18ish months if egg laying. Then they pretty well just stop. I like my birds, even if they lay less frequently, to lay longer.

I don't like having to replace birds so often as the new commercial layers have to be replaced. All the feed and supplements and time to only get 18ish months if egg laying. Then they pretty well just stop. I like my birds, even if they lay less frequently, to lay longer.
As much as I like my chickens, they are food one way or the other. Once they stop laying altogether, they will be off to a crock pot near me.

hi i live in henderson,tx out on hwy 64 i have 8 hens 1 rooster, 1 big lazy cat 2grankids and 1 wife

Welcome neighbor!
frow.gif

What kind of chickens do you have?

Back
Top Bottom