Texas

I signed up for text message alerts for tracking my chicks.
They arrived at my post office at 5:15 this morning.
THEY DID NOT CALL ME....I gave them until 8:10 to call and they didn't so I went to go pick them up.
(I knew they were there, I just wanted to see if they were going to call or not)
Thank god I got there in time....they WERE LOADED ON THE DARN TRUCK ALREADY.

Long story short I got them!

EE, Australorps and Welsummers

THEY DID NOT CALL ME....I gave them until 8:10 to call and they didn't so I went to go pick them up.
(I knew they were there, I just wanted to see if they were going to call or not)

Glad they made it o.k. and that you got them before the went out on the truck. One more reason to really like living in our little town of Coleman. I order chicks, call the post office and let them know, then the day they are delivered I go in to town early (between 5 and 6 a.m.) and just walk in the back door of the PO and get my box of babies. Of course, they make me open the box so they can ooh and ah over them.

I am guessing you ordered from Ideal Poultry out of Cameron, your chicks were there at 6:30 I guarantee you, I live in Santa Fe and I always get a call letting me know my chicks are in. I have been ordering for 2 years from them and without fail get a call right about now to come pick them up, I can believe the rudeness in Houston postal workers though, everything is rushed to meet a schedule. They are supposed to call you from the Post Office. What did you get, I got 25 RIR pullets and 25 Ameracuanas pullets, plus my 5 free of each breed. 2 weeks ago I received 50 Wellsummer/BarnBuider/Cuckoo Marans and 50 (25 each) Barred Rocks and Black Sex Links. Never order the surprise special on a day of a pullet order unless you want a bunch of Roos, learned that thehard way this winter. I have 2 Black Austrolop, 2 Buff Orpington/1 Barred Rock/ and 1 RIR Roosters I have to get rid of. Hope you get your order, if ever in the Fe stop by, I have a bunch of chickens.rg's
some POs seem much better than others.

So cute! They look like nice healthy chicks...as Shakespeare would say "All's well that ends well"
celebrate.gif

Ideal Poultry emailed me last night that my new chicks were shipped and the Post Office in Cypress called at 5:45 this morning to let us know they had arrived! I love going up to that window in the PO building and hearing those peepers going loud as they bring the box up to me. The whole office turns to stare. I got 20 total: 10 New Hampshires, 5 Buff Orpingtons and 5 Copper Marans (for dark brown eggs). Liveliest bunch I think I've ever seen. As soon as they had their first drink, they were hauling tiny butt all over the coop. My remaining large hens have been kicked out of the main coop into the side stall-coop and we took out the roosts and fenced in a section for the new peeps. The hens can walk right by them and look as they go outside.

New partitions - we can easily move these out when we're done with the coop being a brooder room.

A boxed set! :)

They were running all over the place right away.

I'm not sure if I'm going to even set up a heater for them. It's so hot already. Even at night.

Ideal Poultry emailed me last night that my new chicks were shipped and the Post Office in Cypress called at 5:45 this morning to let us know they had arrived! I love going up to that window in the PO building and hearing those peepers going loud as they bring the box up to me. The whole office turns to stare. I got 20 total: 10 New Hampshires, 5 Buff Orpingtons and 5 Copper Marans (for dark brown eggs). Liveliest bunch I think I've ever seen. As soon as they had their first drink, they were hauling tiny butt all over the coop. My remaining large hens have been kicked out of the main coop into the side stall-coop and we took out the roosts and fenced in a section for the new peeps. The hens can walk right by them and look as they go outside.

New partitions - we can easily move these out when we're done with the coop being a brooder room.

I'm not sure if I'm going to even set up a heater for them. It's so hot already. Even at night.

O how cool.....our babies were hatched on the same day! This is going to be great to watch them all grow together. I was wondering if I could put them outside already since it is so hot here, but I think I am going to keep them inside for a week just so I can sit and watch them all day!

Thanks...I did ask to speak to a supervisor.
She was just as dumb and rude as the rest of the workers.

It's horrible how people can be so ugly and nasty.

Next time I order chicks I will be using my mom's address which is in a small town with NORMAL nice people working at the post office.
Get their name and ask who their supervisor is and contact information. Boss' hate having their boss on their butt

Hi everyone,
New to BYC, starting my "backyard farm" with quail. My first attempt with poultry excluding the pigeons I showed while a youngster. I'm in Wacko Waco and would love any advice. Thanks
Uh oh... Y'all are in trouble now! There's more than one of us in here! (Wacoan) lol I, too, have recently started with quail but I've been raising chickens for over 3 yrs now. Be glad to offer any advice/help I can. Welcome...

love.gif
so glad it worked out.

Glad they made it o.k. and that you got them before the went out on the truck. One more reason to really like living in our little town of Coleman. I order chicks, call the post office and let them know, then the day they are delivered I go in to town early (between 5 and 6 a.m.) and just walk in the back door of the PO and get my box of babies. Of course, they make me open the box so they can ooh and ah over them.
X2

Congratulations
love.gif

Uh oh... Y'all are in trouble now! There's more than one of us in here! (Wacoan) lol I, too, have recently started with quail but I've been raising chickens for over 3 yrs now. Be glad to offer any advice/help I can. Welcome...
yuckyuck.gif
I thought of you when I sent my welcome... I thought about trying to warn them of the other Wacoan, lol

LOL I'm just thrilled to have someone else from my town involved. As many peepers keepers as there are in Waco, I've never "met" one active on BYC. I've been an orphan for so long! Haha

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom