Texas

YAY!!! I was supposed to get 5, but 15 is a multiplier of 5...chicken math at its best!

Well been doing research on here and found out the chick's we got back in may we bought 3 there 13 weeks old now and we have 2 roosters and one hen. We can't have roosters in the city limits :( so now we have to get rid of two and wait tell next year to buy hens

Well been doing research on here and found out the chick's we got back in may we bought 3 there 13 weeks old now and we have 2 roosters and one hen. We can't have roosters in the city limits :( so now we have to get rid of two and wait tell next year to buy hens
That sucks, I know the feed store around me has chicks all year. You can always order some too.

Well been doing research on here and found out the chick's we got back in may we bought 3 there 13 weeks old now and we have 2 roosters and one hen. We can't have roosters in the city limits
sad.png
so now we have to get rid of two and wait tell next year to buy hens
Sometimes if you check around you can find POL pullets~ -- I got my very first chickens from an ad on Craig's list I think. There were two BPR pullets, and while I was picking them up (in 100-degree weather no less) -- I was also able to get a Golden Comet that was already laying.

1. check Craig's list
2. Maybe something on the buy-sell-trade here on BYC would work
3. Talk to breeders who may have extra stock and could get you started
4. Someway on Craig's list I found a commercial egg producer who was selling off the 18-month olds. They do an 'all in, all out' style of management. The breeds that they keep are for egg production and a healthy hen probablly has a couple of years of production in her -- but her MAX production according to the numbers is in the first 18-months.
5. Last resort, check with people who have a sign out 'farm fresh eggs $2.00' - or some such and ask them to sell you a hen.

Otherwise it is a long wait and you will have one lonesome chicken --

Maybe even someone in this forum would be near your location and part with a hen to give your chickens company to keep -- HOpe you find some sooner than next spring!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Sometimes if you check around you can find POL pullets~  -- I got my very first chickens from an ad on Craig's list I think.  There were two BPR pullets, and while I was picking them up (in 100-degree weather no less) -- I was also able to get a Golden Comet that was already laying.  

1. check Craig's list
4. Someway on Craig's list I found a commercial egg producer who was selling off the 18-month olds.  They do an 'all in, all out' style of management.  The breeds that they keep are for egg production and a healthy hen probablly has a couple of years of production in her -- but her MAX production according to the numbers is in the first 18-months. 
5. Last resort, check with people who have a sign out 'farm fresh eggs $2.00' - or some such and ask them to sell you a hen.

Maybe even someone in this forum would be near your location and part with a hen to give your chickens company to keep -- HOpe you find some sooner than next spring!
:thumbsup  
Thanks I hope so to, I'm already looking at creglist and now I need to post my roosters I have to sell there rhoad Island reds

Sometimes if you check around you can find POL pullets~  -- I got my very first chickens from an ad on Craig's list I think.  There were two BPR pullets, and while I was picking them up (in 100-degree weather no less) -- I was also able to get a Golden Comet that was already laying.  

1. check Craig's list
4. Someway on Craig's list I found a commercial egg producer who was selling off the 18-month olds.  They do an 'all in, all out' style of management.  The breeds that they keep are for egg production and a healthy hen probablly has a couple of years of production in her -- but her MAX production according to the numbers is in the first 18-months. 

:thumbsup  
Thanks I hope so to, I'm already looking at creglist and now I need to post my roosters I have to sell there rhoad Island reds
Where are you located?

@chickieluver26
Where did you order chicks from?
Looks like a fun assortment!!

MyPetChicken! The website is great and easy to use. Great customer service and they offer one day shipping. Minimum chick order is just 3. They replace anything lost in shipping, most I've ever lost was 3, I think it's the best hatchery, a little pricey but worth it

Where are you located?
There is an auction in Briggs, TX once a month. You can buy laying hens.

Back
Top Bottom